UK weight scales needed

Options
Guys I need your help - I after some new accurate scales and I don't want to spend a fortune, any ideas please?

:) x

Replies

• Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Amazon.com (or whatever it's called in the UK). Read the reviews of course and try to get one with free shipping!
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    look at the Argos sale i got a Weight Watchers one for 1/2 price and it's brilliant.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Guys I need your help - I after some new accurate scales and I don't want to spend a fortune, any ideas please?
    Might be worth getting some that measure body fat too. That won't be super-accurate, but it will give you an idea of whether you're losing lean weight or body fat.

What were you thinking of spending? I can't recommend one as my Weight Watchers brand one must be long out of production, but Argos have a Salter one for £15 - and they are a company with a long established history of making weighing equipment.
  • Sugar_Dumpling
    Sugar_Dumpling Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    @ TourThePast - I'm happy to spend up to £30/£35. My main problem is that I keep using the scales at the gyms (one near work and one near home) or at friends and I obviously keep getting different readings - so thought the best fix is to buy my own lol ;) x
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    @ TourThePast - I'm happy to spend up to £30/£35. My main problem is that I keep using the scales at the gyms (one near work and one near home) or at friends and I obviously keep getting different readings - so thought the best fix is to buy my own lol ;) x
    Oh, in that case you have the option of going for the weight watchers ones, they are well regarded.

The great thing about having them at home is that you can weigh yourself at the same time of the day each time, ideally first thing in the morning. That is far more accurate, because you're weighing just you, not that cup of tea you've just drunk, or that large or small meal you've just had! :)
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I got mine from Lloyds chemist last year (so they might be more expensive now), they always do good deals on things like that and they only cost £12, they measure body fat too. As one of the other posters said I doubt they are very accurate for body fat% compared to professional measurement but they are consistent so do give you a trend. I also weigh on the scales at the gym and I've noticed that they are accurate for weight.
  • Sugar_Dumpling
    Sugar_Dumpling Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Fab - thank you all for your advice :) x