Hello world.

Options
So I downloaded this app for my phone thinking "I'll try some data gathering about me and see if it helps." I'm an IT guy by trade so numbers seem to help me stay motivated.

I'm actually starting using this tool later in the game than some i'd imagine. I've been dieting and exercising since September of 2010 and have lost 50 pounds so far. I'm very happy with my progress, but I still have a ways to go to be where i'm aiming to be.

I am already enjoying this site and app for it's simplicity and excellent information. I'm also thrilled that the user community has taken a lot of time to enter foods with very specific information. A lot of the "diet" apps and sites have a lack of good food databases.

I was 260 last year. I now weigh 210 pounds and have been RUNNING (which used to be the absolute LAST thing I would ever do) on the treadmill at the gym. My new goal is to run a 5k this summer (my first ever) and get down to 180 by the end of this year.

That's me.

Replies

• a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I knew from the title that you were a programmer/IT type. :)

Congrats on your fantastic loss already, and hopefully MFP makes it a little easier on ya!