New to MyFitnessPal, WOULD LOVE FEED BACK , SUGGESTIONS ETC

Options
I signed up for MFP in March, a friend suggested it to my so I downloaded the APP on my phone. I love it & so does my Husband. It has totally inspired me to make changes. I started strong in late March I got Sick In the beginning of April & fell off the wagon. I'm back now & more serious then ever.

I'm trying to work out 5 days a week. I was 154 when I started this but as of today, I'm now 150.4. I'm very happy and can't wait to see what I can accomplish. I love seeing people's success sories on here it is very inspiring. My initial goal is to get to 140, which would be great but if I can get to 130 I would be totaly happy. I'm almost 5'2 so I know im supposed to weigh around 105 - 120 but that is just not physically possible for me. I've always been on the thicker side. But who knows if I continue to eat better and exercise regularly, maybe I can get to 130. Haven't been that weight since I was like 15.

I'm also making this change because I will be turning 30 in May &i'm not getting any younger. Also, I would like to set a better example for my daughter and possibly motivate her to make changes as well. I fear my poor eating habbits have rubbed off on her. I'm trying to get her to go to the gym with me but I'm not pushing it on her because I don't wont her to hate exercising because of me.

My daughter is 15 & a freshman in highschool. I want her to to want to exercise and eat healthy with me but I also know its something a person has to do on their own.

Anyway, feel free to add me as a friend because I can you use the motivation, success stories, food tips, exercise tips, etc.

Replies

• A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Will add you for support/encouragement.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Try starting w/ Zumba for her. It is a fun 'workout' & great place to start sneaking in that does not seem like a workout.
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Glad that you're here and best of luck on your journey. I'm sure once your daughter sees how much happier you are she will start asking to go with you to the gym.

feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • missysmission777
    missysmission777 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    Hi Silvafan,

Good luck with your goals! Check out the support section and consider joining one of the support groups in progress, or even start your own.

My main suggestions are to a) be very, very accurate by weighing and measuring and logging everything, and b) eat 1/2 or 3/4 of your exercise calories back and c) be patient and don't ever give up.

:flowerforyou: