Fiber??

Options
doobabe
doobabe Posts: 436 Member
After some research, I have come to find that I am not ingesting enough fiber on a regular basis. Thus, I am currently looking into supplements, as I obviously dont like to eat the foods that contain it naturally. Yes- I am aware that actually eating the foods which contain it is best, but that is out of the question. So, second best, I am looking for an organic blend of soluble and insoluble fiber to suppliment my diet.

Any suggestions, recommendations or cautions?

Thanks in advance! :o)

Replies

• mcboyd1983
    Options
    Small world! I was just at Walgreens trying to find a supplement to get more fiber...there were so many choices I walked out empty handed, so I would love to hear some opinons of other people :)
  • smiler1978
    Options
    Hello!

Ive had issues with fibre - I too don't like the way fibre rich foods make me feel.

I love Co-ton, they are gentle and herbal!

xxx
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    It's recommended you get 28g of Fiber daily
  • bmonahan115
    bmonahan115 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    sprinkle fiber- Fiber 35 is wonderful! i've had that same issues, i also reccommend psyllium husks if you'd rather cook it in. But the sprinkle fiber is tsteless and yo can just pop it in a glass of coffee or tea without noticing it and it'll giveyou 5g for only 20kcas! :-D
  • ldon37
    ldon37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Metamucil
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Metamucil sugar free is what I believe it is. Its pretty smooth actually and I love the orange taste.
  • VStar55
    VStar55 Posts: 75
    Options
    GG Bran crispbread!!! Each cracker has 5g of fiber and only 12 calories. I eat 5 crackers every day. One thing about eating a high fiber diet is, you have to drink plenty of fluids.
  • a2stylist
    a2stylist Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was just at my GI two days ago and she gave me a bunch of samples! In the past though I've used Benefiber, I just put it in my coffee in the morning. Metamucil was ok, but tastes so icky! The Dr. recommended Fiberchoice chewables, which is what I am trying now. I'll let you know how it goes.
    oh, and I know you did not ask, BUT I also just added a new probiotic to my diet and wow, that makes my digestion SOOO much better!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    I know you were asking about supplements and looks like you are getting those responses, but just wanted to mention that I bought Nature's Own Doube Fiber wheat bread, it has 15 g of whole grain and 6g of fiber, no artficial anything. I think those are pretty good numbers. It doesn't taste like a thick heavy bread either, jut like normal bread, and, along with apples, seems to be helping me.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I was just at my GI two days ago and she gave me a bunch of samples! In the past though I've used Benefiber, I just put it in my coffee in the morning. Metamucil was ok, but tastes so icky! The Dr. recommended Fiberchoice chewables, which is what I am trying now. I'll let you know how it goes.
    oh, and I know you did not ask, BUT I also just added a new probiotic to my diet and wow, that makes my digestion SOOO much better!

I really like the fiber choice tablets. Thats what I have been using for several months now.
  • katemarjoram
    Options
    I've been trying to increase my fibre of late (feel free to look at my diary it is open). I take one serve of Benefibre in the morning but it only as 3 grams of fibre which isn't a lot when you are aiming for 35 grams a day. One of my favourite high fibre discoveries is raspberries - a cup of raspberries (fresh or frozen) has 8 grams of fibre. I have them for dessert with about 100 grams of low fat yoghurt poured over the top. All for 122 calories. Yummy!!!!
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to try and talk you out of supplements...BUT, have you tried the new Fiber Plus stuff? It does not taste "diety". I absolutely love the Caramel Coconut Fudge bar (9 grams of fiber). They taste just like Girl Scout Samoas. I also really like their Cinnamon Oat Crunch (also 9 g. of fiber) I've actually been going over my fiber goal just adding a couple of these a day. Okay, my commercial is done. ;o)