Royal Wedding... Calorific Day to come!?

Options
So tomorrow there happens to be a big wedding going on in the UK... That means Street Party including Champagne, BBQ and possibly more with all the frivolity... To let my hair down on the calories or not? It's a dilemma, especially after a slightly over indulgent Easter!

Anyone in the same boat as me? What is your game plan?

Replies

• rurukidoo
    rurukidoo Posts: 54
    Options
    We're having a BBQ (If it doesn't rain) Not really to celebrate the wedding as such, just to get together with friends =)

I'm planning on just watching my portions and having a good day! Have fun!! =)
  • KatyLynn01
    Options
    Wake up early and go on a nice long jog... then let loose and enjoy the day. That run will earn you some extra calories!!
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the day! I will be waving my flag all day......... Does that burn any calories?
  • orange_avocado
    Options
    "Wake up early and go on a nice long jog... then let loose and enjoy the day. That run will earn you some extra calories!! "

But the wedding starts at 10am!! What if you miss some of it?!?!

I mean, unless you're an early riser. It starts at 5am here, so there's no way I'm jogging before it starts! I say watch your portions and plan a good workout tomorrow. Have fun! It must be so cool to be over in the UK right now!!
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Watch portions, excercise so youll have extra calories, drink lots of water to help flush your system of any excess sodiums. Be careful of alcohol--it processes food differently. Pack in your bag or purse (idk if ur male or female) some snacks, like a granola bar, some carrots, etc etc etc, just something to munch on, and at bbq's look for chicken & seafood as opposed to steak, burgers & hot dogs. Be careful of things like potato salad or traditional bbq food like that because of the amount of mayo, etc. Eat a big salad before you go out to celebrate at all so that you can easily stick to small portions.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    just cuz u wont have time before for a workout, what about after the wedding, like anytime before bed??
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Or do what I'm going to do and ignore the whole thing and go about your day as normal. I don't understand why it's such a big deal anyways. Lots of fancy people get married every day.
  • voyageruk
    voyageruk Posts: 11
    Options
    I guess it depends on what type of person you are, personally I cannot take days off, each time I have in the past, I have lost less weight in that week and that's caused me to lose motivation and I just start eating junk food again.

It was my birthday on 25th, I didn't even have a day off for that. I certainly wouldn't take a day off for someones wedding, certainly when I do not even know the couple getting married.

But I guess if you are a devoted royalist and have the willpower to get back on track immediately after, then go for it :smile: