It's probably been asked a hundred times...

Options
So I have two part time jobs.

The first is as an office assistant where I mostly sit all day. Well 4 hours a day Monday-Friday.

The second is as a barista at the best coffee place in the world where I spend 3-6 hours standing, kneeling, reaching, smiling and talking (which takes energy I assure you) and walking very quickly. I work here between 2 and 5 days a week.

I also dance 4.5 hours a week.

Does my lifestyle merit upgrading to lightly active?

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I would say so. :)
  • promiseskept
    Options
    Yup. Unless you start adding your dancing as exercise, then it is your exercise and not just part of your lifestyle.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    You can still add dance as exercise. The calories you gain from having a higher activity are nowhere near the amount of calories you burn during exercise. The activity calories are simply to offput how much you burn at rest (because we burn more as active persons than sedentary).
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You should definitely upgrade. I thought the definition of light activity was if you have a job where you're not sitting down all day. By default you should be light. I'm a desk jockey and even though I walk around the block here at work 3 times a day I still put down that I'm a dead horse.