My Estimated BMR?

Options
My estimated BMR is: 1,418 calories/day*

Soooo im a little confused.... Im trying to stay around 1200-1500 but according to my BMR thats only enough calories to sit on my butt... that doenst leave me anything to burn while I work out and I also breastfeed which burns at least 300 calories a day..... Im 5' 7 140 lbs..... Im trying to tone up and lose about 10 lbs but Im so lost on the calories I NEED.... I dont want to eat to little, but I do eat if i get really hungry regardless of how many calories I have left. What do yall think??

Replies

• baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    My estimated BMR is: 1,418 calories/day*

Soooo im a little confused.... Im trying to stay around 1200-1500 but according to my BMR thats only enough calories to sit on my butt... that doenst leave me anything to burn while I work out and I also breastfeed which burns at least 300 calories a day..... Im 5' 7 140 lbs..... Im trying to tone up and lose about 10 lbs but Im so lost on the calories I NEED.... I dont want to eat to little, but I do eat if i get really hungry regardless of how many calories I have left. What do yall think??

How much did you tell MFP you wanted to lose a week? At 10 lbs to go, you should probably be at 1/2 pound/week. As for breastfeeding, you can add it as a "food" in your diary and it will add as a negative number (i.e. give you back those calories)... or just set yourself at maintenance and let the breastfeeding give you your deficit.