I would like to brag now :0p

Options
I just found out what my final grades are from the summer courses I just finished......

ALL A's!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Might I add that one of those classes was Calculus! Sorry, I am just SO excited about this. I needed that to help my GPA!

Thanks for listening. :blushing:

Replies

• JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I just found out what my final grades are from the summer courses I just finished......

ALL A's!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Might I add that one of those classes was Calculus! Sorry, I am just SO excited about this. I needed that to help my GPA!

Thanks for listening. :blushing:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    That is FABULOUS! Wow - I'm impressed (I HATED calculus). WTG!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    thumbsup4kk.gif

Way to go!

Personally, I HATE math and took only what my college required, which I think was pretty basic algebra but drove me up the wall!

Keep up the good work!
  • Steffykins
    Steffykins Posts: 176
    Options
    Woooooo Hooooooo Healthy AND clever, you've got it all now :laugh: Well done :drinker:
  • JessicaT2007
    Options
    Thank you guys so much! I am getting my education degree and will teach middle school math/science.... so I have a few more maths to take :ohwell:
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Well done, indeed!!! :bigsmile: Big kudos to you, girlfriend! :flowerforyou:

I just got done with my 2 summer courses a couple weeks ago and getting ready to start fall semester next week *sighs* So, I feel your pain.....Keep on keepin' on!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Don't be sorry, that's fantastic!!! You have every right to brag. Congratulations! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!!:drinker:
  • JessicaT2007
    Options

I just got done with my 2 summer courses a couple weeks ago and getting ready to start fall semester next week *sighs* So, I feel your pain.....Keep on keepin' on!

Yes, I start in like a week too. Just trying to get done what I started! LOL
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    You have every right to brag. That is FANTASTIC!!!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    They say that people who suck at math (like me) suck at it because we lack proper opportunity, that females are not exposed to science and math and are not encouraged to because it's not gender-friendly or socially appropriate. :ohwell:

So tell me this: if it's all about opportunity, explain why my daughter, whom I gave up at birth and grew up with BOTH adoptive parents as math teachers, sucked at math?:grumble:

Experts say it's not genetic? :noway: I disagree.

But congratulations!! :flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    Options

I graduated with my masters in May of '07 and am still enjoying getting emails announcing exam schedules, registration dates, etc. and knowing I DON'T HAVE TO DO THAT ANYMORE!
    yupi3ti.gifyupi3ti.gif
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    pretty and smart! wow!! what a combo!!!

hugs and great job girl!
    Ali :drinker:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    That is great! Congrats to you and for being rewarded for such hard work!!! Never be sorry to brag about that! :flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    Options
    I interupt this thread for the definitive word on Math from the greatest musician and songwriter of all time--Jimmy Buffett! :drinker:

If necessity is the mother of invention
    Then I'd like to kill the guy who invented this
    The numbers come together in some kind of 3rd dimension
    A regular algebraic bliss.
    Let's start with something simple
    Like one and one ain't three
    And two plus two will never get you five
    There's fractions in my subtraction
    And X don't equal Y
    But my homework is bound to multiply

Math sucks (math sucks)
    Math sucks (math sucks)
    I'd like to burn this textbook, I hate this stuff so much!
    Math sucks (math sucks)
    Math sucks (math sucks)
    Sometimes I think that I don't know that much--But math sucks!

I got so bored with my homework
    I turned on the T.V.
    The beauty contest winners were all smiling through their teeth
    They asked the new Miss America "Hey babe, can you add up all those bucks?"
    She looked puzzled then just said, "Math Sucks!"

Math sucks (math sucks)
    Math sucks (math sucks)
    You don't even have to spell it, all you have to do is yell it
    Math sucks (math sucks)
    Math sucks (math sucks)

Geometry, trigonometry, and if that don't tax your brain
    There are numbers to big to be named (too big to be named)
    Numerical precision is a science with a mission
    And I think it's gonna drive me insane

Math sucks (quack quack)
    Math sucks (quack quack)
    You don't even have to spell it, all you have to do is yell it!
    Math sucks (math sucks)
    Math sucks (math sucks)
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options

Yes, I start in like a week too. Just trying to get done what I started! LOL

LOL I'm in your boat, for sure. Changed my career goals about 3 years ago and went back to school, only to change them again :ohwell: But, at least now when I'm done (which will be another 2 1/2 yrs) I'll have the satisfaction of knowing that this is what I want. :bigsmile:
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Congrats babe!
    That's an awesome job! :flowerforyou:
  • Baobab
    Baobab Posts: 17
    Options
    Good job :D I loved calculus, I took it last semester (well it was advanced math with calculus) fabulous marks sweets :) Almost too intelligent ;)
  • bnlmembercb
    Options
    i just finished my bachelor's in may, and im stoked that my master's program is all papers - no more exams ever.... until certifications i suppose.. or well thats pass/fail so it doesn't really count, right?

congrats on As!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    LOL, just remember Shore, without all that math, you wouldn't have different bike
    gears. You would just have 1 gear, and that would suck on hills. Math don't suck.
    Just watch the movie 21 and you'll see that!

Great job girl on your grades. Just remember, calculus is one thing, but thank the gods
    that you don't have to do complex variables or diffe-Qs yuck! I hated engineering
    advanced math. Mostly cuz I didn't have the patience for 4 page proofs!

a+bi = 0 if and only if a = b = 0

gives me the shivers just remembering it. Now I remember why I switched out of engineering and into Computer science. That stuff makes c programming look like a kids game.