Just a reminder for everyone

Listen to your body! It’s pretty darn smart.

It’s not something you need to beat into submission, :laugh: it just wants a little respect. It knows what it needs to do to keep you healthy, all you need to do is give it the tools.

Last week I was sooo hungry. I’m not talking about just cravings, but real pain-in-my-tummy hunger. Even though some days I had already used up my Cals(including exercise Cals), I still ate a snack because I just was not going to ignore that ‘I really need some fuel here’ feeling my body was giving me. And ya know what? I lost 2 pounds! Even more than my one pound a week goal.

I think a lot of us have forgotten how to hear the little messages our bodies send us, telling us what it needs. Maybe yours is saying ‘Hey, this exercise is just too intense for me, slow it down’ or ‘Don’t you know your speeding my metabolism? Feed me!’ Possibly even ‘I’m tired, give me more sleep.’

Our bodies have to do a lot for us, so we gotta treat them with love. Give yours a healthy mixture of nutritious food, water, exercise, and yes even treats!

And remember, no one is perfect, but we are all beautiful and very very special. :flowerforyou:

You can reach your goal! :wink:

Replies

• Listen to your body! It’s pretty darn smart.

It’s not something you need to beat into submission, :laugh: it just wants a little respect. It knows what it needs to do to keep you healthy, all you need to do is give it the tools.

Last week I was sooo hungry. I’m not talking about just cravings, but real pain-in-my-tummy hunger. Even though some days I had already used up my Cals(including exercise Cals), I still ate a snack because I just was not going to ignore that ‘I really need some fuel here’ feeling my body was giving me. And ya know what? I lost 2 pounds! Even more than my one pound a week goal.

I think a lot of us have forgotten how to hear the little messages our bodies send us, telling us what it needs. Maybe yours is saying ‘Hey, this exercise is just too intense for me, slow it down’ or ‘Don’t you know your speeding my metabolism? Feed me!’ Possibly even ‘I’m tired, give me more sleep.’

Our bodies have to do a lot for us, so we gotta treat them with love. Give yours a healthy mixture of nutritious food, water, exercise, and yes even treats!

And remember, no one is perfect, but we are all beautiful and very very special. :flowerforyou:

• soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    So true!! Good advice and well said! Thanks for posting the reminder :wink:

Sometimes we all get caught up in counting calories and what not and forget to really listen to ourselves. hmmmmm, I'm thirsty
    body needs WATER :bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Listen to your body! It’s pretty darn smart.

Great post girl!! Listen everyone!! She is the voice of reason today! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Absolutely listen to your body. Every single person will need a different mix of food and exercise and sometimes it takes a litlte trial and error to figure out what works best for you. But she is absolutely right. If you are hungry, then eat...just make smart choices even if you are over your calories for the day.

And our bodies are amazing machines!!! (I should know, I have given birth!! :wink: ) Treat it with respect and it will reward you! I am convinced that is all it takes for successful weight loss. Fuel and nourish yourselves and work those muscles that were given to you!

:heart:
    Tami
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Man this is right on info! I learned this the hard way, but thanks for remindin us of what we need to do.

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Oh and Congrats on your 2lb loss!
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Your body can be really specific at times. Have you ever kept feeling hungry for something no matter what you ate? It happens to me a lot and once you get what you're lacking you feel awesome. It usually turns out I'm craving protein or vitamin C or iron or even carbs (just make them whole grain, friends) and once I eat, my tummy finally says, "Ahhh, I'm good." Heh, maybe I should be better about my multi-vitamin. :flowerforyou:
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    GREAT post and a super reminder to listen to what we know! We ignore our own signals far too often, don't we? Thanks for posting and congrats on that 2-pound drop!
  • thanks!