I'm so bad at finding healthy chicken thigh recipes.. D:

Options
Jellyphant
Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
As my title claims, I'm pretty bad at it, I don't even know why. I basically only have one goodie that I can keep using and not feel guilty eating; it's oven fried chicken thighs.
But we're getting worn out on this recipe and need more ideas. :/ I tried a dijon mustard/ranch seasoning recipe last night and it didn't turn out well at all.

I have about.. 6? maybe 7 more chicken thighs left to cook for tonight when I get off of work in half an hour.
Care to help me out? Any good recipes you use for thighs and/or good healthy recipe sites/blogs that I can check out? (P.S. Oven methods preferred and I don't know how to broil anything, haha..)
Thanks!

Btw, I'm hungry. :)

Replies

• crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    we're not fans of the thigh (we prefer boneless, skinless breast), but i did a quick google search and these look pretty good!!!
    http://www.delish.com/recipes/cooking-recipes/chicken-thighs
  • ajax03
    ajax03 Posts: 96
    Options
    Well, I happen to like thighs (I know they aren't as good for you as the white meat, but they're cheaper and are more flavorful).

Anywho, I often get the frozen thighs from Walmart and bake them. Sprinkle some Mrs. Dash (No Salt) Original or Table blend on them and they are YUM! :-)
  • Jellyphant
    Options
    Well, I happen to like thighs (I know they aren't as good for you as the white meat, but they're cheaper and are more flavorful).

Anywho, I often get the frozen thighs from Walmart and bake them. Sprinkle some Mrs. Dash (No Salt) Original or Table blend on them and they are YUM! :-)
    I buy them for the same reason; lower price and you get more in the package, haha.

Mrs. Dash, huh. Never tried it, gonna pick some up tonight though! Thanks!
  • budgetqueen79
    budgetqueen79 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Take the chicken thighs add garlic and herb seasoning, 2 TBS of olive oil, and mustard and mix together. You put enough mustard to cover completely. You really don't need salt or pepper b/c mustard tastes kind of salty and bake until done.
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    if you have some string cheese and ham (or prosciutto) make wraps or even spinach and feta. either one put in center and wrap chicken around and bake till done. great flavor
  • mandigharlay
    Options
    you can do
    yogurt and tandoori paste
    you can get seasonings from costco ( greek)
    BBQ sauce

Grilling taste really good
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Yum - some nice ideas on that delish site.... My personal favorite at the moment is poaching the thighs in white wine, low salt chicken stock, garlic, herbs (sprigs of rosemary or thyme)..... I poach them on low heat for about 20 mins (without the bones) and they are juicy and tasty..... and then use a bit of the poaching liquid to make a sauce to go with it...
  • Jellyphant
    Options
    Yum - some nice ideas on that delish site.... My personal favorite at the moment is poaching the thighs in white wine, low salt chicken stock, garlic, herbs (sprigs of rosemary or thyme)..... I poach them on low heat for about 20 mins (without the bones) and they are juicy and tasty..... and then use a bit of the poaching liquid to make a sauce to go with it...
    Whoa, that sounds really good.
    What type of white wine do you use?
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Some of the things I do is to fry them in a small amt of olive oil or in a pan coated with no calories spray, cook them on the grill, bake or broil with a little bit of garlic powder, Skewer them, etc. Pretty much anything u can do with a breast you can do with thighs.