Need help with simple healthy meal ideas....planning helps m

Options
What do you guys typically have for meals? I have been a grazer for most of my life so I find I do best if I plan meals.
ANY IDEAS APPRECIATED!!!!
THANKS!!!! :flowerforyou: :

Replies

• TheMrsFitnessGeek
    TheMrsFitnessGeek Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Well, the first thing to help me was cleaneatingmag.com MEALPLANS :) Try it! It is working for me! They also have shopping lists.
  • kloml
    kloml Posts: 1
    Options
    RealSimple.com has some great, fast, easy and low-cal recipes.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I love a good omelette in a pinch, it's quick. I use two egg whites and one whole egg. I use a non-stick skillet so no oil or butter. Load it with veggies, 1/4 cup Friendship brand cottage cheese (low sodium), 1/8 cup of shredded cheese, top with Neman's Own Salsa (again, low sodium). So tasty! My veggies of choice are mushrooms and spinach, but onion and bell peppers are also tasty!

Very filling, excellent protein meal!

I will also make a fruit smoothie sometimes for a meal:

1/2 cup blueberries
    1/2 cup strawberries
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1 cup unsweetened vanilla flavor almond milk

Lots of fiber, not too much sugar. Mmmm mmmm!

And in a pinch, there's always the classic:

Two slice of whole wheat bread
    1.5 TB of Almond Butter

Makes a tasty "peanut butter" sandwich. :)

Want something with more substance?

Fresh salmon filet - marinate for 1 hr with Moore's teriyaki marinade and a little bit of brown sugar, wrap in foil and bake at 350 F 5-10 min for foil + 10 additional minutes per each inch of fish filet thickness (I bake 1.5 " filets for 25 minutes).
    Serve with plain sweet baked potatoes (I bake small ones 1.5 hrs @ 350) and plain steamed fresh brocolli (throw raw brocolli in strainer in pot with 1/2"-1" of water underneath, cover, turn stove on Hi and cook for 10 min - perfectly steamed brocolli- not overcooked - every time! So healthy - makes great leftovers!

I'm kinda simple and boring, but I hate to clean up a LARGE MESS in the kitchen and stand in front of the stove all day.
  • dkbrummitt
    Options
    I go for a wrap. I use the Ole Xtreme Wellness High Fiber Low Carb Tortilla. I love these because they only have 71 calories, have about 46% of your daily fiber, and most importantly doesn't taste and have the texture of cardboard. I will use Spring Greens or Spinach and some lean protein (e.g., fish, grilled chicken) spinkle a little oregano, and balsamic, and its a wrap! Pardon the pun :wink:
  • erikachan
    erikachan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i would make a vegetable soup
    its low cal and gets you full!
  • Amie_46
    Amie_46 Posts: 60
    Options
    Add me as a friend if you want, but I believe my diary is public, and aside from my hot chocolate lapse today I am generally pretty good :)