Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Cross training shoes in wide?

Does anyone have any recommendations for some good women's wide cross-trainers? The padding is pretty much shot in my current shoes and I've noticed some twinges in my ankles walking on the treadmill. I want some shoes for weight-training, and general use at the gym. I've done well with New Balance in the past. I have high arches, and mild arthritis in my knees.

Replies

• krsaxton
    krsaxton Posts: 56 Member
    My feet are wide too. I usually do well with Brooks. Sometimes I wish they were a little more trendy and less orthodic looking. However, they work well for me and my feet don't hurt. :)
  • redmenacenh
    redmenacenh Posts: 10 Member
    New Balance makes some good cross trainers in a wide.
  • millygrl
    millygrl Posts: 98 Member
    I have high arches and wide feet, too. And they are also big lol.
    Anyways, I have always liked New Balance. I bought a pair of Reeboks yesterday, workout in them today and they were super comfortable and supportive. So I would say Reebok or New Balance.
  • I love New Balance for my wide feet!
  • I have wondered the same thing.... looks like I am not the only woman with size 9 and wide feet. :tongue:
  • beckystephens
    beckystephens Posts: 117 Member
    Asics are wide too. Thats the only shoe my husband will wear due to the width
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    I like Asics and New Balance. I have noticed something strange though since I started losing weight...I am losing shoe sizes. I used to wear a 9 1/2...now I wear an 8 1/2. Weird? Hope you find the perfect shoe!!
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    I have high arches, wide feet and stability problems in my ankles. I was fitted by the New Balance people and they recommended the New Balance Women's 1012 shoe. I found it cheapest at kellysrunningwearhouse.com. Good luck!
  • My feel aren't wide but a I have found a brand I really love, they are like walking on air - RYKA. I think I did see some wide widths at Academy Sports.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    I love Rykas. I wish more brick and mortar stores sold them. Those that do never stock wides, and I live in a big metropolitan area!
  • DKrisAn
    DKrisAn Posts: 43 Member
    I have wide feet and high arches as well. I absolutely love KSwiss tube run shoes. The shoes are wide enough for my foot. Unfortunately, they are not available in stories only online at least in my area.