P90X SUSBTITUTE...

Options
2»

Replies

• LOVINLIFEGUY
    Options
    I have done the x several times.. i usually just do the first 45 min until the balance postures start. I then skip to yoga belly 7 (cant miss the ab work) it takes about a half hr off the dvd, making it much shorter.

I have also thought about doing the max recovery dvd from insanity, it is only 47min long and is similar to the first 45 of yogax.

if you have the insanity dvd's that may be an option.

Yoga has it's place in p90x... I have done other yoga dvd's and taken a couple classes with my wife.. It is called yogax for a reason, it is not the same game once you put the X after it.. Just my .02
  • BadDog3135
    BadDog3135 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see not everyone is against yoga. The way the thread started, I was afraid the whole world was against it!

I whole-heartedly agree with those who say that if you cannot stand Yoga X, then replace it with something similar like X Stretch. I dunno about Cardio X. It does lead of with a yoga portion, but you don't get nearly the all-around stretch you do with yoga or X Stretch. Another alternative that I prefer is going to an actual yoga studio on your yoga days. You might find that the professional instruction and the group dynamic much more helpful and energizing.

Just consider this: of all the strength and cardio workouts, Tony chose to make yoga the only hour-and-a-half workout. Just sayin'! :wink:
  • AFitasticYou
    Options
    I substitute Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown.