Best way to sautee' veggies????

Options
2»

Replies

• UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    I have somethig called an olive oil mister. I always use it for sauteing anything. Its basically the same idea as pam cooking spray but without all the chemicals and bad stuff. You put your own olive oil in it and pump the top to make it spray like an aerosol, and it comes out just like pam. I think its called a Misto. I got it a bed bath & beyond, but I'm sure they have them at any type of home store.

^ These are great b/c you can re-fill and it's not aerosol. That said, the people that don't use olive oil to sautee the veggies aren't adding calories, but I do it b/c the flavor is good and olive oil supposedly has the 'good' fat.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    If you want to avoid fat altogether, use a spoonful of veg stock instead.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I have somethig called an olive oil mister. I always use it for sauteing anything. Its basically the same idea as pam cooking spray but without all the chemicals and bad stuff. You put your own olive oil in it and pump the top to make it spray like an aerosol, and it comes out just like pam. I think its called a Misto. I got it a bed bath & beyond, but I'm sure they have them at any type of home store.

^ These are great b/c you can re-fill and it's not aerosol. That said, the people that don't use olive oil to sautee the veggies aren't adding calories, but I do it b/c the flavor is good and olive oil supposedly has the 'good' fat.

I use this also, or even a small pat of butter...butter is NOT the enemy most people think.
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    I use butter or coconut oil, yummy.

but also love roasted veggies, as someone else mentioned! they are great!
  • Ginny1950
    Options
    I have found coconut oil spray if you don't mind aerosol, and like Pam, no cals! It allows crispiness that I like with veg and eggs without adding any flavor or calories. Using stock softens veg nicely, but I prefer a little crisp. Sometimes the valve clogs up, a wipe with a paper towel clears it right off. Love the stuff!