Strength

zumbagirl
zumbagirl Posts: 7
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi my name is Lauren, my friend introduced this to me and I hope it gives me the motivation I need.

Next yr around this time I would like to do a competition, the big draw back is I loveeeeeeee my sweets. I have never been comfortable in a bathing suit and I have never walked around a pool without shorts on...my goal for next year is to walk around a pool 1 time without my shorts on:)

I have a huge battle with food and it always wins:(

Hopefully this is a road to a new me.

Replies

• Hi my name is Lauren, my friend introduced this to me and I hope it gives me the motivation I need.

Next yr around this time I would like to do a competition, the big draw back is I loveeeeeeee my sweets. I have never been comfortable in a bathing suit and I have never walked around a pool without shorts on...my goal for next year is to walk around a pool 1 time without my shorts on:)

• flemtc
    flemtc Posts: 17
    Keeping track of food intake has really helped me....and prayer! I also read a little book about compulsive overeating....I just like to eat...especially sweets. However, my whole family is overweight and I challenged them to running a race next summer and getting in shape. I am 52, with 3 young adult children, two of which are recently married. I have one daughter at home and we all struggle with the sweet attack! Not having them in the house really helps, and I think about calories every time I think about eating something! Good luck...and use this a support! It is a really encourging place!
  • Sunibc22
    Sunibc22 Posts: 330
    I'm with you on the bathing suit. Just 1 lap without shorts would be bliss. Best of luck to you. We can do this!!!!
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Welcome, Zumbegirl :flowerforyou:

Best Wishes to You!
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Good luck Sugar!

I just started too, and so far its been so much easier than I thought it would be!
  • The best part about this program is the social support. I am a responsible eater when I'm by myself, but whenever I go out with friends, I always order bad choices and overeat. The support here is definitely helping me be cognizant of that.

Stick with it, and remember if you make mistakes and get down, check the message boards!
  • Thank you for your help.

L
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Hi my name is Lauren, my friend introduced this to me and I hope it gives me the motivation I need.

Hey there! I am just going back and trying to pick up some of the posts and welcomes I missed. So first off, WELCOME!!! It is so much easier to do this new lifestyle change if you have a supportive friend. YEY FOR BOTH OF YOU!

What type of competition are you wanting to do? The first thing I had to change is like what you said about the swimsuit. I first had to tell myself that "I like myself." Then convince myself that I AM a hottie stuck in this temporary funky body. :laugh:

Here is my pool math...Ready? There are 30 people (about) at the pool.

4 Mom's who are in the water and you can't see their bodies anyway,
    3 Mom's covered completely and swimsuit worried, they can't don't notice anyone but themselves
    2 Mom's who look not so great but are out there anyway getting a good workout and on their way
    1 Mom that makes the above Mom's hate her
    20 kids divided by 9 Mom's, the 1 perfect Mom actually has a step child who lives with the real Mother.

So there you have it! 30 people who don't even look our way when we are at the pool! LOL

I have totally done this math often...LOL I so have a food and me issue, but I'm working through it! LOL You are such a pretty girlie, and you can so do this!!! YOU GO GIRL!
This discussion has been closed.