Dance Central calories burned??

crutherford1205
crutherford1205 Posts: 18 Member
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
How accurate is XBOX when it comes to calories burned? It seems to only be 13 calories per song, however some of the songs are a few minutes long... seems like/feels like more calories have been burned.

Replies

• I think it is pretty accurate. I have the kinect fitness and it tells you the calories that you've burned and for one game its only 6 calories so I think 13 per song seems reasonable. However, I think it depends on how hard you are working. You can always over exaggerate dance moves to make the work out more intense and add a few more calories :) Hope this helps! ::)
  • anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    I got tired of wondering and ended up buying a heart rate monitor that has a calorie counter in it. Now I actually know what is correct and put it in MFP to be accurate. Its an option if you would want to go that route.
  • crutherford1205
    crutherford1205 Posts: 18 Member
    That's a good idea, I think I might try wearing my FitBit next time just to check for accuracy.
  • betterthanmama
    betterthanmama Posts: 57 Member
    If you want a high burn workout from gaming I highly recommend DDR (Dance Dance Revolution). You can burn 600calories and more per hour if you get up to "hard" level.

Also heart rate monitors will help determine how many calories you are burning.
This discussion has been closed.