what's for dinner?

Options

Replies

• BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    i had a black bean quesadilla, some tortilla chips w/ salsa, and some animal crackers for dessert

that sounds good! I had animal crackers today too!
  • greeneggsam
    Options
    Laura, I am in the same boat as you. I feel like I have more self-control in the morning, when I am at work and food 1) is more difficult to come by than at home, and 2) costs money! :smile:

I think it's fine to leave a lot of calories for dinner. Just make sure you don't put yourself into starvation mode; make sure to get some filling fiber and protein in what you ,<i>do</i> eat in the morning. And also make sure you eat something to burn off during your afternoon workouts, if that's not after dinner. I like some cottage cheese and fruit, or a granola bar (Chewy Low Fat S'mores - 100 calories of yum!) before I hit the gym.

Best of luck!
  • hnlymark
    hnlymark Posts: 191
    Options
    Ummmm...errr...McDonald's Double Quarter Pounder w/Cheese. ONLY 740 calories. At least I didn't get the Coke and fries! Slight problem; I have 333 calories to go today, am 1 gram over on fat and 1 mg from my sodium limit. Hmmm...bummer. It DID taste good. Gotta love football practice!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Laura from what I hear....Breakfast is KEY! :) I know we all know this. But You should consume more in the morning for it boots your metab. and helps burn more.

Oh I know...I am really trying to force myself to eat more in the mornings...I always have something for breakfast, but I'd like to make it one of the bigger meals of the day...I am just so not a morning person lol...if it were up to me, I'd dress for work at night, and not crawl out of bed in the morning until 5 minutes before I had to leave...lol...

I am gradually building up my breakfasts though...trying to get some protein in first thing in the morning...when we had some hard boiled eggs in the house, they were great for a grab and go breakfast, but of course I always wanted to sprinkle some salt on them, and sodium is officially my enemy...

I am working on it though...I would like to get to the point where my calories are fairly evenly spread throughout the day, but breakfast is my largest meal, lunch is my second largest, and dinner is the smallest meal...I don't know how practical that is for me, but I would like to try it out...

Some may argue but I think you have to do whats right for you. I do eat breakfast but it can never ever be the biggest meal I eat. My breakfast usually never goes over 300 calories and if it does it is because I eat a high calorie bagel or something....but normally my breakfast is a banana and a peice of cheese, or maybe a 100 calorie snack pack, cheese, and a peach.....always something small like that. Not only would I die without the bulk of my calories going toward dinner, I just don't have the time or appetite for a big breakfast. I'm like you, I go from my bed to my car in under 30 minutes.....so it's whatever I can grab or buy at the store once I get to work.

Maybe if I ate a huge breakfast it would speed up my metabolism, but you have to be happy in what you do too. Eating a large breakfast and not much for dinner wouldn't make me happy. Even as a kid when I did have more time, breakfast was usually just a bowl of cereal. My dad comes home (he works midnights) every morning and has sausage and eggs and toast.....that just sounds exhausting to me.

So I say if your current plan is working well, then stick with it. You don't have to do everything the experts recommend. Good luck!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Pork Chops in Beer - http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pork-Chops-in-Beer/Detail.aspx
    Lots of veggies! - cauliflower, broccoli, peas & carrots
    Pasta Sides Chicken Fettuccini

Not good choices but... wanted something fast and easy.. kinda like me:wink: KIDDING!:tongue:
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Let's see, I had:
    Ronzoni Whole wheat pasta- linguine
    w/ prego traditional sauce mixed w/ sauteed onions, garlic, and bella mushrooms in evoo
    iceburg salad with tomatoes and crunchy salad toppings, topped with sundried tomato vinegraitte
    and homemade (2 oz) garlic bread, 1 tbsp parkay

total cals=685

Whew, good thing worked my booty off today! :wink:
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Homemade Pho Ga-Vietnamese Chicken Soup with rice vermicelli. A big, thick slice of Watermelon for dessert. :happy: can't wait...
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Basmati Rice with Chick Peas & Goat Curry :)

Mangoaddict:

Do you have a great low-cal curry recipe that you can share with the rest of us? I LOVE curry, but I haven't eaten any since I joined this site and really started to get serious.

Thanks (in advance)
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    mmmmm watermelon mmmmmmm

that sounds yummy!:tongue:
  • presariofaded
    Options
    sallsberry steak, a baked potato & spinach =D
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Hey Yea! Aurora isn't too far at all....maybe it's the subtle way food workers get back at their customers...I ran it by the hubby who works in restaurants (in the biz for 15 yrs) and he says they do the same thing but to fit more stuff inside...I'm more of a consipracy theorist myself and think it's vengance in some weird way...but it's probably innocent.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Jimmy John's Big John no mayo no cheese...add cukes and dijon....total 370 cals. THey tear out the inside of the bread I noticed before they put in the sandwich ingredients...I asked why and they say it helps with calories. I wonder if the checkout guy thinks I'm fat...then again they did it to all the other sandwiches ahead of mine..maybe everyone's fat in their eyes.. HA!!! :grumble:
    What? Which Jimmy John's you go to? Cause the one by me doesn't do that! They don't care if I eat the cals! :cry: Granted I haven't been there in MONTHS! I'ma subway girl or chipolte even.

PS I looked at ya profile to see where you are and you're not to far. haha

ps...I go to the one in Shorewood off 59 by the Target
  • trosenau
    trosenau Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    :tongue: 3 - 100 calorie pancakes with sugar free syrup, 2 scrambled eggs & 2 turkey sausage links
  • AshliColon
    AshliColon Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I mixed a cup canned chopped clams with fat free sour cream and seasoned with salt, pepper and worcestershire sauce and piled it into some green leaf lettuce leaves with sliced tomato.

All that for 200 calories! :bigsmile:

--ash

39405.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    Poor man tacos

Natural grass fed ground beef from local rancher cooked and then when meat almost/not quite done add
    shredded red organic potatoes
    shredded yellow summer squash from our garden
    fresh ground black pepper and cumin

and cook until everything done.

Serve on corn tortillas with baby organic spinach, a small amount avocado, and hot sauce.

I had 2 for dinner and 1 for a snack later:

My rough estimate: 510 cal, 610g carb, 17 g fat, 33 g protein (for the three)

My DH and DD raved.
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Lean Cuisine lasagna with meat sause and an ice cream from mcdonalds :blushing: the ice cream is only 150 calories s you feel like your splurging but your really not.
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, just got back from Body Combat class, and am STARVING!

Just whipped up some brown rice, then added chopped green peppers, tomato, carrots, kidney beans, chopped lettuce, and some danish feta. Add a dash of balsamic vinegar and yummmmmm!!!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, just got back from Body Combat class, and am STARVING!

Just whipped up some brown rice, then added chopped green peppers, tomato, carrots, kidney beans, chopped lettuce, and some danish feta. Add a dash of balsamic vinegar and yummmmmm!!!

That sounds really good!
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Going to an authentic mexican place tonight for a birthday, so not sure....
    suggestions please!

and leave room for a margarita!
  • luvchi3
    luvchi3 Posts: 167
    Options
    Laura from what I hear....Breakfast is KEY! :) I know we all know this. But You should consume more in the morning for it boots your metab. and helps burn more.

Oh I know...I am really trying to force myself to eat more in the mornings...I always have something for breakfast, but I'd like to make it one of the bigger meals of the day...I am just so not a morning person lol...if it were up to me, I'd dress for work at night, and not crawl out of bed in the morning until 5 minutes before I had to leave...lol...

I am gradually building up my breakfasts though...trying to get some protein in first thing in the morning...when we had some hard boiled eggs in the house, they were great for a grab and go breakfast, but of course I always wanted to sprinkle some salt on them, and sodium is officially my enemy...

I am working on it though...I would like to get to the point where my calories are fairly evenly spread throughout the day, but breakfast is my largest meal, lunch is my second largest, and dinner is the smallest meal...I don't know how practical that is for me, but I would like to try it out...

i use the morton lite salt, 290 mg sodium per 1/4 tablespoon, table salt has 590mg :smile: