Hi everyone

Options
Hi :smile:

I am new to the site, started 5 days ago, got the app on my ipod touch thanks to a good friend recommending it, it is by far the best I have seen!!!

I have a lot of weight to lose, but hope that I am determined and I can honestly say this is the first time I have been this determined in my whole life of being overweight and eventually being obese. I have joined a group of other obese people near me and we all have got to the conclusion that diets don't work as you need a complete lifestyle change.

I changed my lifestyle nearly 2 months ago and have lost just over 9 lbs so far, which isn't a great deal but to me it is a definite step in the right direction. I haven't lost anything for the last 2 weeks but for once in my life I am not that worried about it as I know that my body is re-adjusting to my change of lifestyle. I never used to walk, and am in a job where I am sat down all day apart from getting up to go toilet, and then when I get home I cook tea for the family and then sit down at my computer and work from home in the evening - but now..... I got for a walk every morning with my dog (he is enjoying the extra exercise as well!), it may not be far but having been obese for some years, not very far is all my joints can manage, but what started as 20 mins walk around the block (approx 1/2 mile) I now manage approx 40 mins to walk about 1.75 miles and whereas within 10 mins my hips would start aching it is now the last 5 mins before they start aching so I know I am improving. I also have a goal for next year (with a very good friend) to do the Race For Life which is near me and is 5km long, albeit we will be walking it and not running it! :laugh:

Well, I think that is all I can say for now, not much but don't want to bore you all to death!!! :laugh:

Feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm in pretty much the same condition, always been a big lad, but the last 10 years I've piled the pounds on. I'm now a worrying 335lbs and I've told myself "enough is enough!" Been at this site for a few weeks now and it's fantastic, get the app on your phone if possible, it's a massive help!

Hope we can do this together! Good luck! x

Kind regards, Neil
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You've made a great start to improving your health. You may not think your walks are much but i bet your body us loving you for it! Keep it up & you'll be suprised how quickly your fitness improves :)
    I hope you find the friends & support you need to succed on your journey, i'm always open to friend requests.x
  • LovSa
    LovSa Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi new to here just wanted to say HI!! lol
  • vampylady
    Options
    I have the app for my ipod touch (don't have an iphone) but it is just the same - i find it is so good and really makes you realize what you are eating!!!