Daaaaaaaamnit

Options
2nd night in a row I had trouble falling asleep, and then waking up at 3am. Grrrr!!!!

Replies

• stacimusmax
    stacimusmax Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    just work nights like me and sleep in the daytime :)
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    I normally don't have this problem. wahh
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    Sometimes when I get excited for something I plan to do the next day I wake up and then can't get back to sleep because I'm excited lol. Like today, its payday and I have more left over after bills than I thought so I'm going to do some thrifty shopping, which I love because I always feel like I'm stealing prices are so good!
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    I also wake up starving! And apparently I'm talking to myself here.
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    We are here - promise :smile:
    I can sympathise though - as someone who is lucky to get between 3 and 4 hours sleep a night I know what being tired all the time can do for you!!! Hope your sleep patterns go back to normal soon....
  • Agglaki
    Agglaki Posts: 105
    Options
    Don't worry you're not alone. I've been like that for more than three months now.

It doesn't matter what time I go to sleep, I will wake up every two or so hours. Toss and turn for a bit, fall asleep again, and then wake up in a couple of hours. This cycle goes on regardless of excitement, stress, fatigue etc...

I've cut out coffee from my diet, I'm drinking more water and trying to eat light dinners, but nothing seems to be working.

I've tried pills, and also cold and flu remedies to "aid in restful sleep", again no luck.

It makes life difficult as I usually start drifting off at work at around 3pm as I am so tired, and I know that my body is tired.

I try to nap whenever I can because I know the night ahead will be restless, I've been told to go see a doctor, but I don't get along with doctors. Having said this, I do agree if you really are finding it difficult a professional would be your best bet as opposed to an internet forum.

Good Luck :)
  • shadow3829
    shadow3829 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    That is the norm for me. I would just love to sleep in one morning, but it never happens. If I can get in 6 hours is a lucky night for me.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I also wake up starving! And apparently I'm talking to myself here.

There isn't anything wrong with talking to yourself. I mean, sometimes you're the only one who really understands you... right?