Wow, I can't believe I won something

Options
Yesterday when we went to the market, we spent a fortune, over 300 bucks:grumble: , (some because of my special needs for my diet) anyway they were having a contest and it printed out on the reciept all the entry forms. So I filled them all out and put them in. I didn't realize it was a daily drawing and I won the 200 dollars in gas cards:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker: . Supposed to be a month of gas free, but for me that will be a week after I visit my moms this weekend.
Pretty darn cool.
Yeah!
SM

Replies

• StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Yesterday when we went to the market, we spent a fortune, over 300 bucks:grumble: , (some because of my special needs for my diet) anyway they were having a contest and it printed out on the reciept all the entry forms. So I filled them all out and put them in. I didn't realize it was a daily drawing and I won the 200 dollars in gas cards:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker: . Supposed to be a month of gas free, but for me that will be a week after I visit my moms this weekend.
    Pretty darn cool.
    Yeah!
    SM
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    sweet!!!!

the only thing i have EVER won was a jar of jelly beans...i guessed the closest to the amount in the jar:ohwell: it was in like grade 6....

jackie
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Cool! Congratulations!
  • BBCoachKel72
    BBCoachKel72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    How fun is that?! LUCKY GIRL! That would last me about 3 months because we ride our bikes everywhere as much as we can! :bigsmile:
    Did you buy a lotto ticket while you were at it? Ha! Ha!
    Kel~ :flowerforyou:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I won a $500 brake job on my car once! It was so cool. I went all prepared to write the check, and they had this little scratch off promotion, and the ticket said "Free service, parts, labor, today or any day." I asked them if that meant the brake job, and they said "Do you need a dictionary to look up the word FREE??"

The coolest part of that was it was also my BIRTHDAY!!
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    thats pretty cool.... i'm not one tp win lol so thats pretty cool... people do win those things :happy:
  • p90x_Dude
    p90x_Dude Posts: 332
    Options
    sweeeeeeeeeet!!!! If you're feeling generous I can im you my mailing address :tongue:
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    And I thought I was lucky for winning a free subway sandwich the other day! congrats on the gas money!
  • mlck2323
    mlck2323 Posts: 87
    Options
    honestly, SM.....I thought you were going to say a race!!!! but way to go anyways!! haha.

M
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    i won a fender strat guitar once signed by Hoku, she sang a couple songs from Legally Blonde (i think thats the movie) it was the guitar she used in one of her music videos :bigsmile:
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Cool! Have a nice drive to your mom's.:tongue:
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Actually about a year ago I was invited to a Breast Cancer servivors Tea and won the big door prize, set of Golf clubs. :tongue: They are pink and purple. They cost about the same as this, but I was still so excited and I took a few lessons so I can't wait to actually play a game some day when I know some else who want to play. :drinker:
    Twice I have won TV's, and both times didn't get to keep them.
    The first time I was when I was early 20's and pregnant and we had to bus into work at the mall during the holidays, and I won it on that, but then someone stole it that night out of the Garage. :cry: (I know who, but never got it back) and then the last time I was with a friend and we combined out tickets and I let them have it when we won.
    I do need to buy more lottery tickets I think.:tongue:
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    Congrats! What lovely timing.
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Actually about a year ago I was invited to a Breast Cancer servivors Tea and won the big door prize, set of Golf clubs. :tongue: They are pink and purple. They cost about the same as this, but I was still so excited and I took a few lessons so I can't wait to actually play a game some day when I know some else who want to play. :drinker:
    Twice I have won TV's, and both times didn't get to keep them.
    The first time I was when I was early 20's and pregnant and we had to bus into work at the mall during the holidays, and I won it on that, but then someone stole it that night out of the Garage. :cry: (I know who, but never got it back) and then the last time I was with a friend and we combined out tickets and I let them have it when we won.
    I do need to buy more lottery tickets I think.:tongue:

wow you just got a horse shoe up your butt dont you :laugh: perhaps you could pick me up a lotto ticket??????

jackie
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Never won anything--even back when I was entering raffles and playing the Lottery, I never won anything. :cry:
  • p90x_Dude
    p90x_Dude Posts: 332
    Options
    Never won anything--even back when I was entering raffles and playing the Lottery, I never won anything. :cry:

Same here, if I bought a raffle ticket with 3 others to receive (3) buckets of cow dung, I'd still be odd man out :grumble:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! I'd be happy with that. Shoot I was happy when I won $12 on the powerball last week...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: trippled my money I put into it anyway :wink: I did win $100 in the Mega Millions when I lived in Ohio I hit it on the kicker they had at the bottom. And I've hit $100 a few times a nd $50 a few times on scratch offs in Ohio and Florida when I lived there. But ever since I've moved to SC scratchoffs have not been luck for me at all...:grumble:

Congrats to you!! :drinker: :drinker: