Ditching the scales....for a week!

Options
I am a serial scale hopper.

There. I've said it! I will, if given the opportunity, hop on my scales 3,4 even 5 times a day.

I know it makes no sense and doesn't help my weight loss progress. I know my weight will fluctuate across a day (I know this because people on here say so and because...I weigh myself across a day!). I also know that on my weigh-in day (because although I track every possible movement of that little red line throughout the day, I only log it once a week), any small rise or loss could be just as much due to water retention, TOM, injections I have had etc, this doesn't stop me obsessing about it. Constantly.

So, I've decided to ditch the scales for A WHOLE WEEK! Not just sneakily checking every day, but only logging it once a week, but staying off the little blighter full stop!

I was weighed on Thursday 21st (so I've actually gone over a week - did not realise that til now!) when I went to the Doctor's for my B12 injection and DEPO. I am not stepping on my scales until Tuesday 3rd May. And I will take whatever it gives me.

I just wanted to share that. :smile:

Replies

• cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I am a fellow hopper and understand fully what you are saying. Hope it all fairs well for you when you weigh in:)
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    The best thing you could ever do. Learn to measure your success in other ways e.g inch loss - weight is often the poorest indicator of how you're doing. Well done for this. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    You do what's right for you at this time. If the scales are becoming more of a frustration than a help by all means a change is necessary.
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I too am a fellow hopper by only logging once a week but actually hop on every morning just to check... Therefore well done for taking the step to break the habit!
  • finallyhappening2011
    finallyhappening2011 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling, I became addicted to my scale as well. lol
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Oh I have been measuring as well, and yes, I've been going on those measurements probably more than the weightless...the scales thing is somewhat weird...my scales are inaccurate, by around 6lbs to my favour lol! I log on my wii fit check, but usually once a week or when I sense I've lost! The bathroom scales show if I've gone up or down, but that's it!

I just need to break the habit of jumping on them & feeling disappointed!
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Did it - no loss / gain on Tuesday, but I had drunk a fair bit of wine Mon night and had somehow absorbed a pint of water during the night, so no real surprise! Wasn't too disheartened, as had a couple of NSV's this week anyway....weighed in again today (I know, I couldn't wait a whole week!) and....lost just over a lb! Yay!