reward ideas please

Options
right I have my goal for my birthday (92kg - so far so good) but I dont know what to reward myself with when i get there? anyone got any ideas?
there's the usually hair cut/whatever but i'm trying to grow mine and i dont want to dye or style it
pedicure and manicure aren't my type of thing
was thinking massage but i'll still probably be really self conscious, and i had it done once before but i totally freaked (stupidly didnt realise i had to only be in a towel:noway: )
i dont want to spoil my efforts by going out for the night either - not that i could anyway, birthday's a monday, i have lab that day and have to work that night, so whatever i decide to do will have to wait until the weekend
my family have already put in to buy me a digital camera for my birthday, so i can't really ask them to put in any money for anything, and my friends are all (what we like to call) uni bums... i.e. they're uni students, so i dont really want to ask them for any money either

so yeah suggestions if you can still think of any? :laugh:

Replies

• obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    right I have my goal for my birthday (92kg - so far so good) but I dont know what to reward myself with when i get there? anyone got any ideas?
    there's the usually hair cut/whatever but i'm trying to grow mine and i dont want to dye or style it
    pedicure and manicure aren't my type of thing
    was thinking massage but i'll still probably be really self conscious, and i had it done once before but i totally freaked (stupidly didnt realise i had to only be in a towel:noway: )
    i dont want to spoil my efforts by going out for the night either - not that i could anyway, birthday's a monday, i have lab that day and have to work that night, so whatever i decide to do will have to wait until the weekend
    my family have already put in to buy me a digital camera for my birthday, so i can't really ask them to put in any money for anything, and my friends are all (what we like to call) uni bums... i.e. they're uni students, so i dont really want to ask them for any money either

so yeah suggestions if you can still think of any? :laugh:
  • Sunibc22
    Sunibc22 Posts: 330
    Options
    How about clothes? A cool necklace? A watch? Or even a night out at a play? Music event? A fun night of bowling with your friends to celebrate your successes?....just a few ideas...kinda lame I know but I'm new at this...lol.
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    How about clothes? A cool necklace? A watch? Or even a night out at a play? Music event? A fun night of bowling with your friends to celebrate your successes?....just a few ideas...kinda lame I know but I'm new at this...lol.

hmmm
    clothes = money i dont have, but could save up for
    necklace... prefer if a guy bought me one:bigsmile: .... just now need to find me a guy:grumble:
    play.... my friend and i were wanted to see edward scissorhands on ice i think it was but that was ages ago, i dont know whats coming out here in cotober... plus money costs again but i do like it
    music event... i'd have to look into that but it does sound like a good idea

actually come to think of it now,i think i told a few of my friends i want to go to this place that has bowling and drinking and clubbing all in the one place

and those weren't lame, they were actually quite helpful thank you!:flowerforyou:
  • CristaAmy
    Options
    My friend is treating herself to a full spa day when she meets her goal! If you have the money it sounds wonderful. Haircut, mani/pedi, facial, massage .... a good me day.
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    how about, since you've got about 2months til your birthday, every day you have either a great workout, or you do really well nutritionally you put one-dollar in an envelope. When your birthday arrives, how ever much money you have "earned" you buy something with it. If its one dollar, buy something you can find for one dollar, if its 20dollars, buy something around 20dollars. Putting one dollar/day or everyother day..etc can really add up to those of us who are on a tight budget!!

:flowerforyou:
  • battykatty2002
    Options
    Go see a show or something, bowling sounded like a godd idea too,
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    how about a manicure? not too expensive, but really does the job of making you feel like a princess!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Or a "chair massage" (most massage therapists will do this) upper body only, and you can keep your clothes on.

Or, find something you like to do. That's low cost. Take a bubble bath, take a hike, go to an art museum, try a new (low cal, of course) recipe. . . take yourself on a "date" and do something nice.

I also save up for clothes, especially new workout clothes (I may have an addiction. . .):flowerforyou:
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I have an idea, um not sure if it will interest you though. Fishing, if you already have a pole and all, and can find a pond or nearby lake. Doesn't cost much, maybe some bait money. . .It's nice and relaxing and some definite "me" time - but, of course, can be "friend" time too. I go fishing at least twice a month, I like to get back to nature in a different way.
    Well, something different and maybe you'll try it! :wink:
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    I know nothing about the area you are in, but if possible, what about canoeing? I went for my first time this summer and LOVE IT!!! It doesn't cost a lot of money, it's getting back to nature, it's a great workout, and especially fun to watch your arm muscles as you row (I'm easily amused, I know :tongue: ) Just a thought!
  • conniptionfits
    Options
    how about, since you've got about 2months til your birthday, every day you have either a great workout, or you do really well nutritionally you put one-dollar in an envelope. When your birthday arrives, how ever much money you have "earned" you buy something with it. If its one dollar, buy something you can find for one dollar, if its 20dollars, buy something around 20dollars. Putting one dollar/day or everyother day..etc can really add up to those of us who are on a tight budget!!

:flowerforyou:
    that's a really good idea! :heart: I've been thinking of rewarding things are well. Keep your mind open for new things to fit a new you :) I like concerts, and if you reached your goal before your birthday maybe you could go out the weekend before?? Also, a lot of salon/spas wont make you completely undress and you even keep all of your clothes on if you consult with them ahead of time! ..