A & E show on people who need help with their weight/life

SK24373
SK24373 Posts: 36 Member
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
Is your weight holding you back from living the life you want?
Is your health, family or career in peril because of your weight?
Are you ready to take the necessary steps to change your life?

A&E’s documentary series HEAVY™ follows individuals facing extreme life consequences as a result of their obesity. The series documents their incredible transformations during a six-month treatment program in which they are provided personal trainers, nutritionists, counseling and other professional services they need free of charge to complete their weight loss journey.

HEAVY™ is not a competition and you cannot get voted off. The focus of the program is to help individuals lose weight by teaching them how to lead healthier lifestyles and understand the root of their food addictions.

If you or someone you know is at least 150 pounds overweight and wants to be considered, please email the following information to casting@megalomedia.com:

Name
Weight
City/State
Brief Bio
Why you NEED to be a part of the program

Replies

• dfresh050
    dfresh050 Posts: 15
    i love that show!!! its a great motivational show also
  • slimyfishy
    slimyfishy Posts: 114 Member
    I'm a huge fan of this show. I love how they look at the emotional reasons that we overeat. 99% of the time, we aren't hungry. We are grabbing for food because there is something emotional going on. We can't deal with those emotions (i.e. anger, loneliness, frustration, boredom, sadness, etc.), so we turn to food. I love how this show focusses on the underlying reason for our eating.

Great show!
    Shan:drinker:
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    LOVE that show!
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    I really really wish this show focused more on the time after the stay at the spa like facility. That always seems to be the hardest part and interests me the most. I also hope they do more "where are they now" episodes.

Great show non the less and an awesome appetite supp!!!! :devil:
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    I have not had the chance to watch it yet, but I do have it recorded on my U-Verse =) I will definitely have to watch it soon.
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    I've never seen this show but it sounds fantastic! =) I will have to look out for it!
This discussion has been closed.