I'm so impatient!!!!!!!

Options
I just want results now!! :sad: I know a lot of people have been saying that "you didn't put the weight on overnight so don't expect it to come off as quickly" but in my case, I kind of did put the weight super fast. In 4 weeks I gained nearly 10lbs... from a combination of overeating and not training. I've been training like a lunatic for the last 3 weeks, doing cardio 4-5 times a week and strength training 4 times a week, and stayed as close to my target calories as possible. There's been a couple of minor setbacks, through no desire or break in will power, just thanks to generous hosts serving me overly calorific food... :grumble: :laugh: But overall I thought I was doing well, and I had lost about 5lbs from the first 2 weeks, So Why, oh WHY have I gained 1lb in the last week?!! :sad:

I'm still staying focused, and I'm trying to not let it get me down, but it's kind of disheartening... :cry:

Replies

• shivers
    shivers Posts: 53
    Options
    I just want results now!! :sad: I know a lot of people have been saying that "you didn't put the weight on overnight so don't expect it to come off as quickly" but in my case, I kind of did put the weight super fast. In 4 weeks I gained nearly 10lbs... from a combination of overeating and not training. I've been training like a lunatic for the last 3 weeks, doing cardio 4-5 times a week and strength training 4 times a week, and stayed as close to my target calories as possible. There's been a couple of minor setbacks, through no desire or break in will power, just thanks to generous hosts serving me overly calorific food... :grumble: :laugh: But overall I thought I was doing well, and I had lost about 5lbs from the first 2 weeks, So Why, oh WHY have I gained 1lb in the last week?!! :sad:

I'm still staying focused, and I'm trying to not let it get me down, but it's kind of disheartening... :cry:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    You asked why, I'll answer, cuz the body is dynamic, it happens. Weekly weigh-in's are inaccurate. I would suggest weighing in every 2 weeks minimum (I weigh in once a month), and worry about other things, the last 10 lbs type of loss is ambiguous at best. Better to use measurements, health, and body fat % then weight at this level.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    1 lb. could be water weight, too. At any given point, our bodies can weigh plus/minus 3-5 pounds--this is particularly true for women. Sucks but it's true. Men have the blessings when it comes to weight loss. Higher metabolisms, lose quicker, higher BMRs, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. :grumble:
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    Just being a woman can put on weight. Doesn't that just suck?

The more you stress about losing weight the harder it will be to get it off. Relax, take a deep breath, and think about what you want to accomplish in your life and focus on the important things. Don't let emotions take over and don't let them control your eating.

I have now come to understand, having my own Homer moment, that this is now a part of my life and isn't a quick fix or an over the counter perscription, this is something that I see like a disease and the only way I am going to fight it, is to accept it, make it a part of my life, and work at it. And the only way I am going to fix it, is to eat healthy and exercise.

I really don't have to think about it anymore, I don't have to stress about it anymore. It is what it is and there is nothing I can do about it. I have to work at it and that's that.

Keep your chin up and accept it, then everything else will follow...
  • JennyGetsFitness
    Options
    Hey, shivers!
    Hide the scale away!!!!!
    Scale is not the only way to measure your progress.
    In fact, it is the least accurate!
    You should measure yourself - that is a better indication of changes.
    Plus, since you are working out you are replacing fat with muscles - so it is not just about weight loss!
    My weight fluctuates betwee 135 and 140. so I lost between 5 and 10 pounds, but I went from size 10 pants to size 6! That is the true measure of the progress!!
    Keep at it girl, and you will get there, but hide the scale away!
    Love,
    Jenny
  • conniptionfits
    Options
    i think smaller weight is much harder to lose. I also think it's much harder to put on. One day at a time is hard to deal with. And remember just because you arent losing weight doesn't mean you arent toning up and gainind muscle! :)
  • shivers
    shivers Posts: 53
    Options
    Thanks for the words of support you guys. It's just so frustrating because I know I look slim and all my friends think I'm nuts, but I just hate my body right now, I want it back to the way it was. Ok, so "hate" is a strong word... I know I shouldn't be so hard on myself... I need to stay focused on all the improvements in my fitness, and my body will adapt if I keep training hard and eating healthily.

Thanks again everyone, it's such a relief to be able to talk about this stuff without people saying that I'm nuts!! :flowerforyou: