UFC picks...

Options
Ok guys and girls,

I'm picking GSP and Randy Couture to win the main events...

Gotta see Captain America go out with a bang!

Replies

• Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    ugh HATE GSP!!!
  • dieseljay74
    dieseljay74 Posts: 376
    Options
    Come on...any guy tha can cut 25lbs. before a weigh-in and gain it back in 6 days is my hero for that reason alone...!

Oh and he's a pretty good fighter too
  • io278983
    io278983 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm going with GSP all day every day.
  • dieseljay74
    Options
    Does that have to do with fighting or something else!

Most of my female friends have a thing for the GSP
  • cheermom614
    Options
    I would love to see the Hall of Famer get one more win and go out with some glory but I don't know that he can get the job done.

GSP is an amazing athlete and Shields better be ready for a true fight!
  • Refisblind
    Refisblind Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    GSP is my boy. I love Jake and would be in his corner against anyone else though.
    Like to see Randy do it too. Good way to go out.
  • sarick84
    sarick84 Posts: 21
    Options
    Im also going with "Rush" but im sure that Randy bit off a little more then he can chew with Layoto!!
  • heatherlh83
    heatherlh83 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, GSP & Couture! GSP annoys me sometimes because he plays it safe a lot but he's an amazing athlete and he's so damn nice, it's hard not to like him. And Randy's gotta come out on top for his last fight. :)
  • j3nic3
    j3nic3 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm with cheermom, I really home Captain America gets one more win.

GSP has some competition though. But I still hope he wins. ANDDDDDDDD I hope it's not 5 rounds of ground and pound!
  • io278983
    Options
    I think it would have to go for both. 1. GSP is the most well rounded fighter in the UFC. 2. It doesn't hurt that he's super sexy. I have been following him for a few years now I'm not a bandwagon fan. He is making the MMA into a professional sport by his attitude and diligence to the sport. Love him!
  • dieseljay74
    Options
    Well said guys....

GSP is just too damn good of an athlete to lose...although we all know it only takes one good punch and lights out.

Randy does have a major challenge in front of him...Machida is one crafty and elusive dude.

Randy will dirty box him and then take his *kitten* down..........I hope. Can't stand Machida
  • dieseljay74
    Options
    I think it would have to go for both. 1. GSP is the most well rounded fighter in the UFC. 2. It doesn't hurt that he's super sexy. I have been following him for a few years now I'm not a bandwagon fan. He is making the MMA into a professional sport by his attitude and diligence to the sport. Love him!

I'll buy that! You said it right....his attitude and professionalism is probably what pushed MMA so mainstream
  • io278983
    Options
    Thank you. I'm pretty sure he is the only fighter I have seen wear a sweet suit to pre and post fight interviews. His professionalism in and outside of the octagon make him awesome. :)
  • wmjrigo
    wmjrigo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    GSP fo sho! IMO Machida will be too much for Randy to handle.
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    GSP of couse, and MACHIDA!!!!! they are my two UFC bf's. People are rooting for Randy just because he is an old man and going to "retire" after the fight. Machida still has a career in front of him and can't afford to lose. Not to mention he is a god :)

Also, don't forget ALDO!!!! He is an animal!
  • 1FitMom326
    1FitMom326 Posts: 228
    Options

I would have to agree!!! GSP is an amazing athlete and when it comes to fighters he is easy on the eyes making him my FAV!!
  • dieseljay74
    Options
    GSP fo sho! IMO Machida will be too much for Randy to handle.

I'm afraid you may be right.........
  • j3nic3
    j3nic3 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm sure we all knew Randy didn't stand a chance but we still wished for him to win.

Jake sure gave GSP a fight, no ground n pound here!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    GSP! :smile:
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    St-Pierre defeated Shields via unanimous decision (50-45, 48-47, 48-47) to retain the UFC Welterweight Championship

yay!!!!