anyone else have this problem?

Options
...I get home from work around 9:15pm and go to bed around 10. I usually get up around 5:15-5:30. The problem is, I can be hydrated when I go to bed, I feel great and my urine is usually light colored. I wake up in the morning, feeling dehydrated, headachey, and my urine is dark dark yellow....does anyone know why this could be happening? or do you have the same issue? I'm stumped as to why it would happen, and its almost every day!!

(I havent changed my nutrition or exercise routine. I've been a healthy eater and exerciser since I was 15, and I'm not drinking alcohol when I get home from work :wink: )

Replies

• shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    ...I get home from work around 9:15pm and go to bed around 10. I usually get up around 5:15-5:30. The problem is, I can be hydrated when I go to bed, I feel great and my urine is usually light colored. I wake up in the morning, feeling dehydrated, headachey, and my urine is dark dark yellow....does anyone know why this could be happening? or do you have the same issue? I'm stumped as to why it would happen, and its almost every day!!

(I havent changed my nutrition or exercise routine. I've been a healthy eater and exerciser since I was 15, and I'm not drinking alcohol when I get home from work :wink: )
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Nope. don't have it. But you might need to drink more. Just because you "feel" hydrated, doesn't mean you are. 64 ozs. is the MINIMUM you should be drinking a day. Try drinking more. I read once that if you're not "going" every 90 minutes, then you're not drinking enough. Not sure if that's ideal but I do know you should drink more when you're trying to lose weight, too. Another adage I read was to add 1 oz. of water per day for every pound you wish to lose to the minimum amount.
  • shashod
    shashod Posts: 103
    Options
    I can have that problem - well I don't get headaches. I drink a minimum of 2 ltrs of water at work everyday and then I will also drink more at home in the evening and while at the gym. Can't understand the dehydration symptoms in the morning!
  • marskids
    marskids Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Do you by any chance take a multivitamin? My pharmasist told me that certain ones can cause your urine to be very yellow
  • shkaki
    Options
    I actually only drink water, and I drink it all day long. I am in the bathroom all the time. This is why it doesn't make much sense to me! I am a runner and I drink while I run, I drink after I run, I drink water the entire time i'm at work. It just makes no sense!!!
  • shkaki
    Options
    nope I dont take any type of pills or medications either...stumped...:grumble:
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Your first pee in the morning is always going to be a darker yellow. I get up to pee in the middle of the night at least twice, I drink water before I fall back asleep, and my pee is still significantly darker than it is during the day. If you pee every 90 minutes, going 7 hours without peeing is letting all toxins build up and darken the urine. In short, it sounds like you're drinking plenty of water.

If you're getting headaches most days, you might have migranes/tension headaches. Do they always get better after you drink water?
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Try drinking some cranberry juice. It cleans out the bladder. Lots of it. I got a few UTI's during pregnancy before I had two miscarraiges a few years back. The doc always told me to drink lots of cranberry juice. I'm not big on cranberry juice but cranraspberry, cran grape, and cran apple are pretty good. :flowerforyou:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    How much water do you drink before bed? The color of your urine is a good indicator of your water. The less water in your body, the more yellow it is, and the more water, the clearer it is. So maybe try drinking a couple glasses of water before bed, and see what happens. Yeah, I know, I'm at the age where where I usually get to have a night time bathroom break, but ironically, I usually drink some water right after I go, and then head back to bed. :glasses:
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    have you tried downing a glass of water before bed?

maybe you sweat a lot in your sleep, most people "perspire" sleeping, maybe you're body is getting a nightly work out!