OT - Olympic Tragedy!

Options
Nastia Liuken was ROBBED last night. I was pissed to see that they gave her the same score as that 12 year old boy, err, 15 year old girl that is. Less deductions my foot!

Add that to the Alicia Sacrimone debacle and what do you get? A system that HAS to go. How can you give a girl that stick's both her vaults a lower score then a girl that lands on her knees on one vault? Lower difficulty my *kitten*! That's a load of HorseSh*T IMHO. You should be given a 3 or 4 point deduction if you can't land on your feet. Not this 7/10ths of a point or what ever it was.

Replies

• banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Nastia Liuken was ROBBED last night. I was pissed to see that they gave her the same score as that 12 year old boy, err, 15 year old girl that is. Less deductions my foot!

Add that to the Alicia Sacrimone debacle and what do you get? A system that HAS to go. How can you give a girl that stick's both her vaults a lower score then a girl that lands on her knees on one vault? Lower difficulty my *kitten*! That's a load of HorseSh*T IMHO. You should be given a 3 or 4 point deduction if you can't land on your feet. Not this 7/10ths of a point or what ever it was.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    amen.gif

Amen, brother! Preach it!

Have you seen how China has been taking kids from their families at 3 yrs. old to train them! I saw one video that showed these little kids--and I mean like 3-4 yrs olds--having to hold handstands. One little kid was trembling and on verge of tears. You could see their arms trembling. Sad.

There have been a lot of judging problems with this Olympics. I'm really so fed up with it all. Between the Professional NBA players and all the endorsement monies given to people like Phelps (even if he is great, come on! Multi-million dollar bonuses and endorsements for an "amateur"). To me, the Olympics seems like it has become nothing more than one big Professional Sport Expo--with all the doping scandels (at least 3 athletes caught doping so far), bribes, and p**-poor judging on top of it all.

Sad, sad, sad.....:frown:

I remember the "good ole days" of the "no-name" American Hockey team winning the Gold. THAT was something to be proud of!

Got this image from FaceBook Bumper Stickers--before it was taken down. I guess someone complained about it....

16.jpg
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    woohoo!

more cycling golds for the UK

just thought i would cheer this up a bit (though i agree about the judgeing in the boxing, gymnatics and other "judged" sports, amazing to see the chinese do so well at those).
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I agree! There is something SERIOUSLY wrong with that system!

First of all, the Australian judge gave Nastia TOO low of a score for one. Then that stupid "tie-breaking" rule. I mean! Come on! Give em BOTH a Gold Medal!!

Well, we ALL know who the better gymnast was. It's just sad things have been the way they are. Poor girls!!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I couldnt belive that Alicia Sacromone didnt medal. The china girl didnt deserve the bronze medal at all. I havent watched the Nastia thing yet. I tivod it. It was past my bedtime though LOL. I dont mind the swimmers getting endorsements though, Its not like when they get home they can make a professional career out of swimming like someone can in baseball, BB and so on. Although I do agree they should have left the olympics to non professionals.

Connie

86258.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

I agree 100%. Two nights in a row, that I thought I was going to throw something at the TV.....someone seriously needs to take off the Mr. Magoo glasses.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I'm there with you!!!!!!

I was so angry!!!!!!!!!

The other girl who competed on the vault ? She should have placed! She did excellent! But no, somebody who falls on their knees places! :explode: :mad: :devil:
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Well said, Banks. Those bad, bad judges.....they get spankings! :devil:

At least Nastia had the class to say that she won the biggest gold medal of them all, the all around gymnastics gold! And it was out of her control- doeasn't make it easier to handle, but she sees the bigger picture. :ohwell:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options

:grumble: :noway: aye yup :huh: :sick:
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    There have been a lot of judging problems with this Olympics. I'm really so fed up with it all. Between the Professional NBA players and all the endorsement monies given to people like Phelps (even if he is great, come on! Multi-million dollar bonuses and endorsements for an "amateur"). To me, the Olympics seems like it has become nothing more than one big Professional Sport Expo--with all the doping scandels (at least 3 athletes caught doping so far), bribes, and p**-poor judging on top of it all.

Phelps is a professional athlete, the endorsements and bonuses are to be expected. He went pro at age 16.

I'm all for the Olympics consisting entirely of armature athletes, but all the countries would have to comply...not likely,

I, too, think the Olympic gymnastic judging/scoring is less than stellar. Hopefully, the true age of these athletes (as it certainly appears there is issue) comes to light.