Replies

• DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    This week challenge goals:

Running/Walking goal: 12 miles
    Calorie Burn goal: 2000-2500

Goal attainment so far this week:

Running/walking: 6.5/12 miles (not sure I'll hit this goal)

Calorie burn: 1822/2000-2500 (I've got this...as long as I work out tomorrow...I'm good to go here!)

Looks like everybody has been doing well so far! One day til weigh-in...eeekkkkk!

Dress shopping for a bridal gown tonight...can't wait! Is it 5:00 yet?!?!??!?!
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Got my first work out in last night in 5 days. Way too much slacking for me! Tonight is just bowling...last week of the season, finally, so I can do other stuff on Wednesdays now.

Anyone have a tasty low cal veggie dip recipe? I just volunteered to bring a veggie tray to my brother's house on Sunday for Mother's day, and at least 3 of the people there are watching their calories. :-)

Here is a dip that I love. It is great with pretty much anything.

1 cup fat free greek yogurt (plain)
    1 cup fat free mayo
    1 can tiny shrimp (I use bumblebee- I think they are 5 oz cans)
    1 medium onion chopped
    1 tbsp lemon juice
    2 tbsp dried dill weed (or to taste, i usually use more)

Just mix everything in a bowl, refrigerate for at least an hour before eating (I usually make it the night before and refrigerate overnight).
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Alright, real quick post so I can get a workout in and get the dogs walked. My goals for the week:

- Burn 3500 calories by Friday
    - Walk 10 miles (a mile each day (Mon-Fri) with each dog).
    - 100oz of water each day

I have to walk each of the dogs separately because they're kind of naughty and react to each other when walked together, and they're 180lbs together which could just be dangerous if they decide to take off after a squirrel together haha. I'm about to do the Insanity Fit Test (Kerri, maybe a challenge idea?) for the second time. Wish me luck!

Well so far for my goals this week:
    - Burned 2857/3500
    - Walked 4/10 miles. I didn't get in my walk yesterday because of all the yard work. But I won't be able to walk today or tomorrow, my foot is killing me! Hoping I can still burn some good calories.
    - I've definitely hit 100oz of water each day, probably more!

*** I did better on every Insanity fit test exercise!! I am so excited about that :)

I've been peeking at the scale. I don't know why, but I am UP again. This morning I was at 172.3 :grumble: I figured I would be up slightly because I did have 2 glasses of Sangria last night, but THAT much can't be from the sangria can it? I'm getting really, really discouraged. I don't know what I am doing wrong! If anyone wants to check out my diary and give me tips I would love it. What you see on my diary is what I eat every day, nothing is missing. I am also wondering if I am doing too much with this Insanity? I don't know... I just don't get it.

Last chance workout today!! Get it girls :bigsmile:
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    Here is how I am doing on goals so far this week:
    -12 cups of water daily
    > So far so good!!
    -Under on cals daily
    > Over on Monday, good Tues/Wed
    -Reduce sugar in take (compared to last week) --need to folow up
    -Reduce sodium in take (compared to last week) ---need to follow up
    -Evaluate diet as whole from last 2-3 weeks to identify opportunities ---still to do
    -workouts: 3 weekday workouts, 1 weekend -- 1 weekday workout in yesterday

Week Challenge:
    -20 Miles - Run/walk/bike/elliptical --- Day 1 (wed): 4.78 (home elliptical, the distance is questionable to me but thats what it said lol
    -100 Squats - Do on bosu when @ Gym --- Day 1 (Wed) 25 squats
    -25 real pushups (Day 1(wed) 5 pushups - not going all the way down still weak :/
    -Try that one machine at the gym where you push your hips out, and in lol I don't know the name but you know what I'm talking about!! -- will do Saturday!

I'm also doing good on pop, had some Monday but none tuesday/wednesday. Anddd we went grocery shopping (me and my BF) last night and I have meals planned which should really help with the rest of the week :)
  • Becky011
    Options
    I forgot to set a goal for calories burned!!!

My goal this week will be 2600 :)
  • Becky011
    Options

I like to dip my veggies in guacamole or hummus OR I know Dean's makes a light french onion dip that is decent!!

I lovvvveeee dipping in Guacamole! and you know who has my favorie restaurant guacamole in the world??? J.Alexanders! its the best :) I need to learn how to make it homemade hopefully its not too hard ;)
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options

I like to dip my veggies in guacamole or hummus OR I know Dean's makes a light french onion dip that is decent!!

I lovvvveeee dipping in Guacamole! and you know who has my favorie restaurant guacamole in the world??? J.Alexanders! its the best :) I need to learn how to make it homemade hopefully its not too hard ;)

HAHA I have a patient in Troy today and I was totally thinking of stopping there for lunch. They have THE BEST chicken salad sandwich in the world!!!! But tomorrow is weigh in day so I may re-think that idea and just go shopping at Somerset instead ;)
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I get to have my first appointment with our fitness director today. I'm excited. I wasn't supposed to meet with her until Monday, but when I looked earlier this week, someone cancelled, and I snuck in and took it. :-) She is going to be hard to schedule with for a while I think, as people are going to try her out and see how they like it. Many more of the females in my office are tryng her out, since they weren't comfortable with our old director. It's almost a race to get an appointment when the days open up.

Hopefully today is a better food day for me. Two servings of Fries yesterday (lunch and then dinner) was not a good thing. Lunch won't include them for sure, and I will hopefully not fall off the wagon and have some at dinner (we are probably going out since we need to do a big Target shopping trip tonight).

I'll report back on if I like how the new director does things, I'm pretty sure I will based on what I heard from my co-worker yesterday.

Oh and I think I'm going to do the hummous and maybe the low fat Dean's for Sunday. I hate making stuff. LOL :ohwell:
  • daklex
    daklex Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    What have you lost? I've lost a human head! I need to lose a baby giraffe. EEK!!

1 pound = a Guinea Pig
    1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
    2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs
    3 pounds = an average human brain
    4 pounds = an ostrich egg
    5 pounds = a Chihuahua
    6 pounds = a human’s skin
    7.5 pounds = an average newborn
    8 pounds = a human head
    10 pounds= chemical additives an American consumes each year
    11 pounds = an average housecat
    12 pounds = a Bald Eagle
    15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs
    16 pounds = a sperm whale’s brain
    20 pounds = an automobile tire
    23 pounds = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year
    24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream
    25 pounds = an average 2 year old
    30 pounds = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year
    33 pounds = a cinder block
    36 pounds = a mid-size microwave
    40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of water or an average human leg
    44 pounds = an elephant’s heart
    50 pounds = a small bale of hay
    55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner
    60 pounds = an elephant’s penis (yep, weights more than his heart!)
    66 pounds = fats and oils an average American eats in a year
    70 pounds = an Irish Setter
    77 pounds = a gold brick
    80 pounds = the World’s Largest Ball of Tape
    90 pounds = a newborn calf
    100 pounds = a 2 month old horse
    111 pounds = red meat an average American eats in a year
    117 pounds = an average fashion model (and she’s 5’11”)
    118 pounds = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica
    120 pounds = amount of trash you throw away in a month
    130 pounds = a newborn giraffe
    138 pounds = potatoes an average American eats in a year
    140 pounds = refined sugar an average American eats in a year
    144 pounds = an average adult woman (and she’s 5’4”)
    150 pounds = the complete Oxford English Dictionary
    187 pounds = an average adult man
    200 pounds = 2 Bloodhounds
    235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger
    300 pounds = an average football lineman
    400 pounds = a Welsh pony
  • loria30
    Options
    Just about here: 23 pounds = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year
  • dezil
    dezil Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    daxlex- i like that 'what have you lost' ... ahhh, weight loss journey! how I couldn't do it without mfp and f2f challenge!!!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    I have lost a sperm whale's brain. heheh.. sounds kind of funny :-)
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I lost a mid-sized microwave! YIKES those are heavy!
  • bitabee
    bitabee Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I lost a sperm whale's brain too! hehe, so funny!

Lorraine- girl, you look AMAZING. So awesome about all of your compliments...
    keep it up!!! You're so, So inspiring!!!
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I lost a sperm whale's brain too! hehe, so funny!

Lorraine- girl, you look AMAZING. So awesome about all of your compliments...
    keep it up!!! You're so, So inspiring!!!

Thanks hun! Felling alot better now that Im back :)

Ive lost an automobile tyre....Im pretty sure I couldn't even lift one of those if I tried!! haha
  • LurayneMarie
    Options

Goals for this week Mon - Fri:

1. Back on track with food
    2. Drink at least 12 cups water each day
    3. Run/Gym/Walk/Weights everyday
    4. Burn 3500 calories
    5. Run/walk 20 miles
    6. Feel great for my birthday!

1. Definitely back on track with food today and it felt great!
    2.12 cups water drank today :)
    3. Run/Walk/Weights today
    4. Burned 2469/3500 so far
    5. Ran/Walked 19.1/20 miles so far! (Had veryyy long walk today!)
    6. It's looking like Im going to be on top form for my birthday! Feeling great already! :)

Goals for this week Mon - Fri:

1. Back on track with food = YES
    2. Drink at least 12 cups water each day = YES
    3. Run/Gym/Walk/Weights everyday = YES
    4. Burn 3500 calories = 3628/3500 calories (Woohoo!)
    5. Run/walk 20 miles = 25.3/20 miles (Woohoo!)
    6. And I can't wait for my birthday weekend! :)

So Ive done well this week so far, exceeded my calories burned and weekly mile challenge and its only Thursday :) Yay!
    Im looking forward to weigh in tomorrow...surely Ive lost some of the holiday weight with all this good behavior since Ive been back! Fingers crossed. It would be a nice little birthday pressie for myself!

Even though its my birthday weekend I plan on sticking to the weekend pact to the best of my ability. Ive got food for the party tomorrow night and I know its not the healthiest food (cocktail sausages, potato wedges, chicken wings...its what people eat at parties isn't it?!) but I plan on eating my own food as normal tomorrow so that I'll be too full to snack on all the bad stuff by the time people start to arrive to the house. I will of course be drinking alcohol but Im going to alternate with glasses of water. I have made room in my food diary for alcohol and maybe a nibble or two and Im going for a big workout tomorrow morning so there should be no reason for me to go over calories tomorrow. Fingers crossed I can stay on track Saturday as I will be staying in my boyfriends house therefore will have to improvise with food and hopefully I wont have a hangover to deal with...I don't usually get them but it is birthday weekend! Sunday should be ok as I'll be at home cos my boyfriend works Sundays. So that's my weekend in a nutshell! Im going to try my best to make this a good weekend foodwise despite the celebrations (Can you tell I love celebrating my birthday?! haha you'd swear I was getting married by the way Im talking about it!)

Anyhoo enough about my rambling! Best of luck to everyone with the weigh in tomorrow morning! Hope you all got a good last chance workout in today! :)
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    This week wasn't the best for me. I did great on eating but was short on water the last couple of days. Monday and Tuesday I had a couple of great workouts and included some strenght training. Then I got poison ivy and my plan went out the window. I did absolutely nothing yesterday. Today I was more active but nothing I would call real exercise.

I am now on prednisone which is great since it will make the poison ivy rash go away. However, one of the side effects of prednisone is insatiable hunger. This on top of TOM, and going away for the weekend is going to be a huge obstacle to me getting through this weekend unscathed.

So my weekend pact this week is to survive :-).

1) I need to drink at least 10 servings of water since i know my sodium will be bad with all the restaurant foods.
    2) No more than 2 alcoholic drinks over the weekend (which will be tough since I will be with hubby's family who are big drinkers and I am a go with the flow type person
    3) Get at least one work out (as long as my poison ivy is getting better) in at the hotel gym or pool.

I know I will be doing a ton of walking and I might even get to go horseback riding at my neice's house which would be neat since I haven't been in a long time.

Thanks for letting me whine a bit. I will be on over the weekend and will do my best to track as much as I can but I am not sure how probable it will be since my next 7-8 meals will be in restaurants. I hope everyone has a great weigh in tomorrow. I can't wait to log in when I get to Maine tomorrow and see how everyone did!
  • loria30
    Options
    Well, I might have to do some backing out of the challenge as I managed to break my ankle (well, the fibula right over the ankle and the outside bone of my left foot while working out today with the trainer. My weigh-INS won't be accurate with this hard splint on my foot.

The good thing is I'm getting a ton of exercise using the crutches!
  • cupcakelover103
    cupcakelover103 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I'll be missing out on this weigh in. I've lost about 7 pounds in one week BUT only because i am extremely sick, so it's likely mostly water weight. I've been feeling terrible since sunday and been to the doctors twice but i don't feel any better. It sucks being so sick, i'm OVER IT!!!
    wishing you all luck with the weigh in, and i can't wait to feel better.
  • LurayneMarie
    Options
    Oh my gosh! Sorry to hear all you ladies are so under the weather and injured! Hope the ankle heals soon enough Lori, I had operations on my foot years ago and I know what a pain in the *kitten* crutches can be for a long period of time! So, well wishes coming your way! :flowerforyou:

And @cupcakelover, sorry to hear you are unwell. A week is a long time to be sick, hope you start feeling better soon.xxx

Dani, best of luck on the weekend pact. I hope you manage to 'survive' as best you can! Just focus all your willpower on making healthy choices at the restaurants. Take your time and order wisely :) Best of luck!

Happy to report that I've gotten rid of my holiday weight already :) Back down to 150.8lbs this morning. Whoop! Time to party!!!

Good luck ladies!