Red Faced

Options
Sometimes when I workout my face gets incredibly red. For example, yesterday I ran my regular 3 miles on the treadmill. I was pushing myself, but nothing too strenuous. I wasn't short of breath or anything. I run my 3 miles and then walk on the treamill for 10 minutes. When I got off to go stretch I noticed my face was BRIGHT red. And its just my face, no other part of my body is red. So then after I walked, I stretched for 15 minutes and then after I left the gym I had to drop something off at a friends house. It took me about 15 mins. to get there and when I did, my face was STILL red. This happens to me a lot. My face will get bright red during a workout and it will stay red for awhile even after I finish. Any ideas why??

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Mine does the exact same thing...I guess it's just your body. We're all different in that way, I suppose. Some people sweat buckets and others don't sweat at all doing the same things. Some people get flushed and others never do...it's just the way we are!
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Ditto here. My face does the exact same thing. Always has. :blushing:
  • Last_15
    Last_15 Posts: 129
    Options
    Mine too:blushing: :blushing:
  • LemonCitron
    LemonCitron Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I get this too! It's hideous! LOL.

I'm not a big sweater and I guess this is my body's way of making up for that? I don't know exactly. I do know that I kind of have a hard time regulating heat maybe that has something to do with it?

I'm always SO envious of those girls who get a nice flush in their cheeks. HATE YOU!! LOL.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    same thing happens to me - exercise induced hypertension. cool showers and deep breathing helps a bit.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    My pale, Irish skin does the same thing - bright red. And I sweat buckets. I'm just not a pretty worker-outer :) Oh well.......
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Mine does the same. I thought it was just because I'm really fair skinned.
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Mine does that too. its embarressing because I run during my lunch hour at work. My coworkers make fun of me. I guess its fair, I make fun of them for other things. :blushing:

My son actually asked me if someone hurt me one time after a workout because my face was so red. If you find a trick to get it to stop please share!
  • mm3898
    mm3898 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Mine does too, it makes me look like I'm working incredibly hard when I'm actually just doing my usual thing. It is SO annoying! I heard that if you run really cold water over your wrists, it brings blood away from your face to try to warm up the colder area? Not sure if it works because I never have the patience to stand and watch if my face stops being red, but it is worth a try!