TLT Aug 19

Options
Woke up this morning and was really SORE from my weight routine yesterday. But still I somehow managed to get outside for some hill intervals. Once I got going I loved it- I liked timing myself- 60 sec recovery and 30 second running my *kitten* off as fast as I could. It was a game to me and to be honest, I felt like a bad *kitten* out there running the hills.

Had some protein afterwards and some carbs. Now off to the dentist.

It will be interesting for me to see if this intervals training for a shorter period has an impact on my weight. I have also upped my cals. I now having 5-6 meals a day.

Have a great Tuesday!

Replies

• mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    Woke up this morning and was really SORE from my weight routine yesterday. But still I somehow managed to get outside for some hill intervals. Once I got going I loved it- I liked timing myself- 60 sec recovery and 30 second running my *kitten* off as fast as I could. It was a game to me and to be honest, I felt like a bad *kitten* out there running the hills.

Had some protein afterwards and some carbs. Now off to the dentist.

It will be interesting for me to see if this intervals training for a shorter period has an impact on my weight. I have also upped my cals. I now having 5-6 meals a day.

Have a great Tuesday!
  • mamakitty
    mamakitty Posts: 249
    Options
    It has been a great morning. I did 1min 30 sec stair climbing, 1min flat bicycling, 30 sec uphill bicycling, 30 sec flat bicycling interval, for 42min. I was basically doing the stairs and then riding around the block and up the hill back to the stairs. It was a good work. I am going to try to do it once more this week. Good luck everyone.
  • mlillie
    Options
    Wow- that sounds like an awesome routine!! I was told that we should eat a little protein and carbs within an hour of an interval or weight workout to "feed the muscle". I am using a little protein powder and some oats and a little whole grain granola- all with some almond milk.

Has anyone heard this way of eating? A little protein and carb before a workout and then a little after. The first to fuel you and the second to feed your muscles?
  • jamdblake4
    jamdblake4 Posts: 179
    Options
    I'm about dead Monday is leg day for me and I hit it hard I kind of feel i'm on the edge of over training I do weight train twice a day for 6 week plus cardo 6 days, So when I hit the gym this morning it was hard to get motivated, but I made it. Running sprints this afternoon after a nap.
    As far as the eating it's the basic diet for most bodybuilding personal, up to 30 min after your workout your body is hungry for protein and if you don't feed your body it will feed itself, by taking protien from your muscle. The carb keeps you from feeling hungry.
  • mlillie
    Options
    You are training twice a day and doing sprints??? Did you get some guidance on this? I am just concerned that you are over training. I didnt want to stick my nose in your business but right now I have a very sad faced friend from the gym who had been over training and ended up hurt and is now on crutches. I am really feeling for him....

I have been checking out shapefit.com. Seems to be a very helpful site with some good workout resources and routines- pretty serious stuff but they seem to be level headed and give feedback on routines and diet if you post on the forum. It may be worth it to run it by them. You have to be eating a ton to fuel all that exercise! Whew!!

Hang in there and get some stretching in!

Yikes- I just saw you are a personal trainer- I am sorry if I sound like a know it all! I was just concerned. You probabaly know all this and MORE>
  • jamdblake4
    jamdblake4 Posts: 179
    Options
    I have a friend at the gym he is a trainer also and he warned me to maybe cut back on the legs maybe down to once a week, and thats what I'm going to do.
    i have been eating like a mad man every 3 hours with tons of protien, I'm up to 4 whey shakes everyday.
    no need to soory just because I'm a trainer doesn't mean I alway know whats best I'm not a know it all.
    Thnks of the concern.
    I'm glad you started TLT it's helping keep me on track
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Today is back to exercise after taking 4 days off. (Just simply couldn't be bothered!).

Planning a 4 mile run at lunch time, 9.00 minute mile pace then Tae Kwon Do on the way home after work.

Also plan not giving myself a hard time and being positive about this whole process.