HELP ME!!!!

Options
Alright, so I went to Florida for Spring break last week to visit family. I ate grilled chicken sandwiches (only ate the bottom bun), fruit, egg whites, oatmeal, anything healthy and only splurged one night with a little ice cream cake (it was my birthday!). I exercised while I was down there and we walked around parks all day. I didn't log but know there is no way I went too high on calories. When I got home I was up 2 1/2 pounds. No sweat, water weight it will go away in a couple of days. Well, we got back Saturday and here is it Friday and I have gone up another pound since I've been home! This is soooooo frustrating! I had just gotten through a plateau with carb cycling and it came back! All of it and then some! Is there any way I actually gained this weight or is my body still out of whack? I am really upset about this. I've been doing a bootcamp out of Oxygen magazine every other day this week and cardio the days I don't do it with an excellent diet (I eat clean 95% of the time) and I still am carrying this extra weight. Also, I just switched birth control pills this month to Lo loestrin fe so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it.
Thanks for your help!

Replies

• bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I would wonder about the pills- about the water weight and about TOM. I usually pickup 4-5 pounds I cant shake around that time. Make sure you are drinking enough water and eating enough if you have kicked your exercise up a notch.

Hang in there.
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    When switching pills it can also do something to your body too. You just need to give your body a chance to level out with the new pill. It will come off soon!
  • riveraa
    riveraa Posts: 2
    Options
    Alright, so I went to Florida for Spring break last week to visit family. I ate grilled chicken sandwiches (only ate the bottom bun), fruit, egg whites, oatmeal, anything healthy and only splurged one night with a little ice cream cake (it was my birthday!). I exercised while I was down there and we walked around parks all day. I didn't log but know there is no way I went too high on calories. When I got home I was up 2 1/2 pounds. No sweat, water weight it will go away in a couple of days. Well, we got back Saturday and here is it Friday and I have gone up another pound since I've been home! This is soooooo frustrating! I had just gotten through a plateau with carb cycling and it came back! All of it and then some! Is there any way I actually gained this weight or is my body still out of whack? I am really upset about this. I've been doing a bootcamp out of Oxygen magazine every other day this week and cardio the days I don't do it with an excellent diet (I eat clean 95% of the time) and I still am carrying this extra weight. Also, I just switched birth control pills this month to Lo loestrin fe so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it.
    Thanks for your help!
  • hitxgirl
    hitxgirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My guess would be that the gained weight is due to the new pill you are taking (unless you are PG). If the weight doesn't drop back down talk with your doctor.
  • AshleyLauren589
    AshleyLauren589 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm on loestrin FE and have been for over a year now -- they said it's not supposed to cause weight gain but I definitely noticed a couple extra pounds when I first started it. Don't panic.
  • stang41992
    stang41992 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm just so frustrated. I thought I had LOST weight on the trip b/c I was so good with my diet and exercise :cry:
  • Cyndiluhoo
    Options
    You might also consider that muscle weighs more than fat so if you're doing boot camp work outs and just got done vactioning and being so mobile, you may be adding some muscle weight. Before my last two kids, I went from a size 14/16 (oddly just at about 150 pounds) to a 4/6 at 150 pounds. I was astonished. But I went from sedentary flab to rock hard muscle all over. I was thrilled at the size difference and loved the muscle; so I paid no mind to the scale. Call me crazy, but that's the happiest I have ever been with my physique and I'm headed back to that now and LOVING it!!
  • riveraa
    riveraa Posts: 2
    Options
    The pill can make your weight gain. "It's possible". Another thing is I did not read whether you were checking your weight at the same time, instead random time each day. I found the best time to check your weight is the morning after waking up, daily.
  • Bajehills
    Bajehills Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you flew... flying can affect your weight as well.
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    If you flew... flying can affect your weight as well.

This I did not know. How does that work? (I never fly).
  • stang41992
    Options
    The weight I count is first thing in the morning. The most frustrating part is this is the weight my body likes to settle at and to get lower I have to do something to kick start. I did carb cycling and it stayed off for 2 weeks. I thought I had it kicked, but no. Boo! This was also the first time I lost weight in the past year.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    This is why you need a tape measure. You lose inches even when the weight might not come off on the scale. :flowerforyou:
  • stang41992
    Options
    I'm sort of vain. I want to be 130-135. I was at 139 and was so close! I'm already anywhere from a size 4-10 depending on the manufacturer. I'm mainly trying to get my legs to get smaller, they are the final piece. I know you guys can understand that.