my camping weekend

Options
Well my camping weekend went pretty well, thanks for all the tips. Sadly I didn't get much exercise in....we didn't have very much time we were so busy. Though I DID tag along when my boyfriend and uncles went golfing, I really should have walked to the holes while they rode in the cart. But by the 2nd hole I was bored and kind of regretted going so driving the cart was my entertainment.

I didn't eat too badly, pretty well for a potluck actually. And the two times we went out to eat I got grilled chicken, and on the way home I bypassed the taco bell we stopped for and got myself a salad from arby's. So hopefully the scale will reflect my good behavior.

If only my sleep could have gone as well as my diet....the first night I lied awake in fear all night as the coyotes howeled and the cows moo'd (I was afraid the cows mooing meant that the coyotes were running around bothering them, haha). Oh well, glad to have my nice soft bed back where the only animal running around was my cat!

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Well my camping weekend went pretty well, thanks for all the tips. Sadly I didn't get much exercise in....we didn't have very much time we were so busy. Though I DID tag along when my boyfriend and uncles went golfing, I really should have walked to the holes while they rode in the cart. But by the 2nd hole I was bored and kind of regretted going so driving the cart was my entertainment.

I didn't eat too badly, pretty well for a potluck actually. And the two times we went out to eat I got grilled chicken, and on the way home I bypassed the taco bell we stopped for and got myself a salad from arby's. So hopefully the scale will reflect my good behavior.

If only my sleep could have gone as well as my diet....the first night I lied awake in fear all night as the coyotes howeled and the cows moo'd (I was afraid the cows mooing meant that the coyotes were running around bothering them, haha). Oh well, glad to have my nice soft bed back where the only animal running around was my cat!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Good for you :flowerforyou: Glad you had a good time...:drinker: And glad the coyotes didnt get ya too...:laugh: :laugh:
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    Sounds like you definitely put some effort into staying on track! Way to go!

We're headed out to camp tomorrow, as well. I'm very scared about straying from my diet, but I'm hoping I can at least control myself enough to at least cut back on portions and not cause a drastic gain!

Hope the scale is nice to you!!!
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Good deal! This weekend I have a Mens Weekend Camping event coming up, so I'm kinda nervous as I'm a noob (this is my 3rd week), and I don't wanna see my progress go backwards. So any tips for me? Mucho Thanxo!:tongue:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Good deal! This weekend I have a Mens Weekend Camping event coming up, so I'm kinda nervous as I'm a noob (this is my 3rd week), and I don't wanna see my progress go backwards. So any tips for me? Mucho Thanxo!:tongue:

Thankfully there wasn't much food involved in the camping since the major event of the weekend was a potluck family reunion. So there were better choices I could make....like fruit and veggies and such. But around the campfire, try eating pretzels instead of chips, maybe a hot dog rather than a hamburger (I think they are lower in calories :huh: ) stick to the lightest beer you can find. But above all, I say try to have fun. You can make more smarter choices, but if I had limited myself to ONLY good for you food, I probably wouldn't have had as much fun.