Trying different calorie intakes...cant budge!!!

Options
i have been at a stuck at the same weight for 3 months now , between 126-130 my goal is to stay at 125...i have tried to stick around 1500 per day, depending on exercise...so on the days i help on the ranch and work all day i eat more...like 2400...on days i just run, or do a workout video i do 1500....i feel like i am always STARVING!! I occasionally eat like crazy, then the next day eat very little...i just cant find ANY balance!! If i always ate my exercise calories i would be consuming between 1900-2500 eachday...does anybody have success eating all there exercise calories? Or would the suggestion be to stay with one number no matter what??? Any thoughts are GREATLY appreciated! THANKS!!!

Replies

• SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    A lot of people meet those calories with protein shakes.

Once you're so close to your goal weight, you've really gotta change up the exercise routine and eat more as opposed to less to keep that metabolism burning strong. Good luck!
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    stick with the same net goal. You're REALLY close to your goal, so if you haven't yet, you should change your goal to .5 pounds per week. Most people find that they need to eat MORE the closer to their goal they get in order to get those last few pounds off... it is very likely what you need to try to get that last few pounds to go too.
  • ckncj
    ckncj Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat - not necessarily with ranch work & such, but being stuck at 129....with a goal weight of 125! Frustrating!!
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    A lot of people meet those calories with protein shakes.

Once you're so close to your goal weight, you've really gotta change up the exercise routine and eat more as opposed to less to keep that metabolism burning strong. Good luck!
    Would you log all exercise...such as the working cows and ranch work...and eat that back as well? I just add my daily workout which is an hour, but most days are spent doing ranch work as well..THANKS!
  • reen62
    reen62 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just curious why the number is so important. I feel sometimes we get too wrapped up in the weight and forget that our bodies can fluctuate here and there depending on certain times of the month, sodium intake, etc.. If you feel good about what you are eating, your lifestyle and knowing that you are healthy that should count for so much more then the number on the scale. I don't know you obviously but you look great in your pictures. I say keep doing what you are doing and be happy for what you have accomplished!!
  • jrwill228
    jrwill228 Posts: 11
    Options
    Remember.... this is just me.... what I've experienced while trying this.

1. If I "eat my exercise", meaning the calories I get for exercising, I do NOT lose weight.

2. What I eat does make a difference. Even IF I stay in my calorie range - if ice cream or foods known has "high GI" are on my menu for the day, I will not lose weight.

3. I might increase my calories slightly on the days I exercise (4 times per week) - maybe an extra 50 to 100 cal if I really exercise hard.

4. If I don't eat my snacks throughout the day, everything gets weird and often I gain weight.

The one complaint I have about this site is that there is no way I've found to keep the exercise calories from being deducted from the total - except to not log exercise. That kinda sucks and often I don't use this site because of it. Sparkpeople.com doesn't do that but it's kinda gimicky with the "points wheel" and other things it does....

Good luck with the journey.... I keep bouncing between 176 and 180 trying to get to 170.... just doesn't seem to want to go there.
    John
  • acb291
    acb291 Posts: 1
    Options
    HI,

I actually have a suggestion- I'm on here though my nutritionist, and I was having a hard time budging the scale after 10lbs. She's having me track food & exercise, but I'm just tracking the exercise purely to know that I did it, and putting the 'calories burned' at something like 20-50 no matter what (i.e. when the counter says i burned 200 calories I just knock off 150). When talking this through with my nutritionist, she pointed out to me that I'm eating up to (and likely over) my calorie goal because I feel like I can. however the exercise estimators are sometimes wrong and the food calories can be off, so I'm probably not burning enough calories to loose anything. Maybe try setting your calculator at whatever your calorie goal is to loose 1-2lbs/week and sticking with that number no matter what will help. Also, I've found that skim milk & a granola bar or tea and crackers can help cure the 'staring feeling' Try the granola bars that come in those 2 bars as a serving (so 2 are in the little packages) so you can have one of them and a glass of water/milk or tea when you feel super hungry and see if that helps (as opposed to having a high calorie snack that turns into a full meal) and if you're still feeling hungry 10 minutes after the 1 bar, have the second (maybe while doing a crossword puzzle or something to engage your thoughts occupies on something other than your hunger)..unless it's meal time, then just have your meal.
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You might want to look at the percentages of what you get your calories from. Are you getting most calories from vegetables, fruits, whole grains, lean meats and fish, low fat dairy like Greek yogurt and skim or 1% milk? What percent comes from processed foods, sugar or chemical substitutes for sugar, white flour products like bread and pasta, nutrient-poor starches like potatoes and white rice? The *quality* of calories makes a huge difference. Your diary isn't public so I can't make any suggestions, but this is something I've discovered and what I see happening with all the most successful and permanent weight loss people on here.
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone!! My diary is not public because i felt like i was spending too much time making it look good...haha by that i mean i often sit down and log everything say in the breakfast section...well it looks like i ate a 1300 cal breakfast, so i was spending more time on the computer putting it in correctly so i just took it off!
    Also my calories come from fruit veg and lean meat...i eat all organic and i rarely eat out and stay away from refiend grains...