Outback Steakhouse

Options
SunLove8
SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
Okay, I really don't like eatting there at all (over seasoned everything, blah!), but my daughter won a giftcard to go there and so I'm finally taking her tonight. Any suggestions on what is somewhat decent and in the lower cal range?

Replies

• flyshuffle
    Options
    There are quite a few menu items there now you can ask for "Light Style" that have under 500 cals. Tasty!
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Not sure...but watch the sodium....I'm sure it's through the roof....I like their steak, but not sure if they are low cal....you could probably access their menu on the web....
  • Quierstina
    Quierstina Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    The last time I was forced to go there I had the tilapia with green beans - pretty good. If you go on their site you can pick your choice and see the nutritional information. Enjoy!
  • AngelicaDulas
    Options
    I like their Pecan Bluecheese Chopped Salad!! it's yummy (if you like blue cheese) and recently they added a bunch of new items to the menu. My hubby had their fish with sun dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts and a lemon cream sauce, served with rice and steamed veggies, all for less than 600cal. :) Good luck! Their bread is good too, not toooooo bad for half of the demi loaf they bring out.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    don't get there much myself.....

but I saw your Buddah and I wanted to say OMMMMMM

probably lean cut of anything....the usual....

have fun with daugher :heart:
  • SunLove8
    Options
    The last time I was forced to go there I had the tilapia with green beans - pretty good. If you go on their site you can pick your choice and see the nutritional information. Enjoy!

LOL! Thanks for the tip, I didn't know that they had tilapia!
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I have the fast food app that displays nutritional information for there. I got the tilapia and veggies and came in under like 800 I think.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I like their Pecan Bluecheese Chopped Salad!! it's yummy (if you like blue cheese) and recently they added a bunch of new items to the menu. My hubby had their fish with sun dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts and a lemon cream sauce, served with rice and steamed veggies, all for less than 600cal. :) Good luck! Their bread is good too, not toooooo bad for half of the demi loaf they bring out.

I have to say that the Pecan Bluecheese Chopped Salad is great. I haven't looked up the stats, but it sure is tasty.
  • SunLove8
    Options
    don't get there much myself.....

but I saw your Buddah and I wanted to say OMMMMMM

probably lean cut of anything....the usual....

have fun with daugher :heart:

:laugh: OMMM! Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Outback was one of my favorite places to eat. And part of the reason I gained a 100 lbs. LOL. I like the prime rib. But you may want to check their site for calorie content.
  • SunLove8
    Options

Great ideas, thanks! Anything with artichoke and sundried tomatoes sounds right up my alley :happy:
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    I usually order one of these:

Salmon with veggies no butter or seasoning 460 calories
    Grilled chicken on the Barbie with veggies without seasoning and butter is 460 calories
    Outback special (6 oz steak with streamed green bean/no butter or seasoning) 266 calories
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    When I go there (which is very infrequently!) I get a 9oz Outback special which I believe is 450 calories...I can't eat all that either. Then I get a side of veggies, whatever their veggies of the day is. You can request it without butter/oil.
  • Fit4Penny
    Fit4Penny Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You can get their 7oz outback special light style for under 500 calories!! Light style means no butter, seasoning on the steak, with a veggie side with no butter and their house salad with no cheese, croutons or dressing. I have to say it's still pretty tasty!
  • heartpdx
    heartpdx Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have the fast food app that displays nutritional information for there. I got the tilapia and veggies and came in under like 800 I think.

hey what's that app called? it sounds like a good one.:heart:
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I spent like 9.99 and got a sirloin steak, steamed veggies and a baked potato (plain). And it wasn't that bad.
    Fairly filling ( i eat a ton so it'd prolly fill you up). High in sodium and what not, but it was a great meal for cheap.
    I love outback.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    eeekk....get the diet water...you MIGHT stay in your calorie range :)

Kidding....maybe tell them to steam some veggies and a SMALL like 40z steak unseasoned
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Lucky you! I love Outback. Found this to be good to eat if no one has mentioned it.

Grilled Chicken & Swiss Sandwich
    696 calories
    33 g fat (10 g saturated)
    1,323 mg sodium
  • SunLove8
    Options
    Lucky you! I love Outback. Found this to be good to eat if no one has mentioned it.

696 calories
    1,323 mg sodium

THAT is what I had, lol! I can't log the sucker though because I had it with bacon and no honey mustard on it with a side salad (no croutons or cheese) with ranch on the side (only used a tsp.) and ate just have the sandwich. Hmmmmm...I'm sure I'll figure it out, lol!
  • SunLove8
    Options

696 calories
    1,323 mg sodium

THAT is what I had, lol! I can't log the sucker though because I had it with bacon and no honey mustard on it with a side salad (no croutons or cheese) with ranch on the side (only used a tsp.) and ate just have the sandwich. Hmmmmm...I'm sure I'll figure it out, lol!
    *WITHOUT BACON