WOW, Pickles!!

Options
I LOVE them and just realized that that one little pickle I am eating has more sodium than a whole meal!!!!!! Boohoo, I love pickles.

Replies

• Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Same with Green Olives. Boooo Green Olives.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Make your own. Or buy them at a farmer's market. It's the heavily processed ones that have all the sodium. :)
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Me too, LOVE pickles!! I use to eat pickles galore and then i saw the sodium and was sad about it lol I dont take them away completely but just limit them
  • myvenus
    myvenus Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Really? I would not have ever checked the sodium content and would have eaten them but now I won't. Thanks for sharing!! That really stinks too!! bumber!!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I LOVE them and just realized that that one little pickle I am eating has more sodium than a whole meal!!!!!! Boohoo, I love pickles.

Same with Jalapeno Peppers. but you can buy No Sodium Peppers and Pickles.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Too Much Salt is just as bad as too Much SuGaR
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options

sodiyummmm!!
  • Emily102102
    Emily102102 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    same w/banana peppers :(
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Same with Green Olives. Boooo Green Olives.

I don't necessarily love pickles they are okay but, I do love the favour olives add to a dish. I think that either item would be a small part of your meal so maybe that helps to not make the sodium content not too big of a problem.
  • LadyT02182011
    Options
    There are no sodium and lower sodium substitutes for most foods.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    yeah, me too. But then again, the bane of my existence..sodium.. You know they said on the national news the other night that just cutting out 1 tsp of salt a day is the same benefit to your heart as quitting smoking! Seriously! I didn't know.