OT-Opinions?

Options
So next weekend we are having my boyfriend's family over for his birthday which means I have to spend all day cleaning on Saturday. His sister hasn't seen our place since she helped us move and his parents have never seen it, so I want to make sure it looks good. I don't plan on it taking ALL day, but it will take a while.

I already told my best friend I would go to her wedding dress fitting with her that day so I can learn how to do her bustle (tie up the train). My fitting is the very next saturday and since it's about a 20-25 minute drive (I know, not far but if it's not five minutes away it annoys me) I'm trying to decide if I should reschedule mine for the same day, or just go back out there the following week.

It would be nice to get mine done that same day since I will already be there, but I worry A. about cutting into my cleaning time by being at the dress shop longer, and B. I wonder if it will be hectic to try scheduling my fitting right after hers and do I want to deal with figuring out how to help her and then rush to do my fitting as well? But like I said, it's annoying to drive back there again the next week for my fitting.

I am leaning toward keep the appointments as it and just doing mine the week after so I will have less on my plate that day. What do you all think?

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    So next weekend we are having my boyfriend's family over for his birthday which means I have to spend all day cleaning on Saturday. His sister hasn't seen our place since she helped us move and his parents have never seen it, so I want to make sure it looks good. I don't plan on it taking ALL day, but it will take a while.

I already told my best friend I would go to her wedding dress fitting with her that day so I can learn how to do her bustle (tie up the train). My fitting is the very next saturday and since it's about a 20-25 minute drive (I know, not far but if it's not five minutes away it annoys me) I'm trying to decide if I should reschedule mine for the same day, or just go back out there the following week.

It would be nice to get mine done that same day since I will already be there, but I worry A. about cutting into my cleaning time by being at the dress shop longer, and B. I wonder if it will be hectic to try scheduling my fitting right after hers and do I want to deal with figuring out how to help her and then rush to do my fitting as well? But like I said, it's annoying to drive back there again the next week for my fitting.

I am leaning toward keep the appointments as it and just doing mine the week after so I will have less on my plate that day. What do you all think?
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

Can you get your cleaning done throughout the week?

If not, keep your appt. as is, imho. :flowerforyou:
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Clean on a different day.... and go do the dress STUFF is what I'd do.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    My opinion, if you're feeling stressed out thinking about it, then leave the appointment for the following week. You don't want to stress out before your in-laws come. Maybe you can find something else out by the dress fitting place to treat yourself (manicure, pedicure, etc). Or maybe invite a friend and make those 20 minutes disappear with some good old fashion gossip. My philosophy is the less stress the better. Enjoy showing off your wonderful house
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I like to clean at night. So maybe you could go with your friend and then clean when you get home. Then when you wake up the house will still be clean and you will wake up to a clean smelling house???? Just a thought.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    yup I'd go w/ the less stress as possible choice~ whatever that may be for you.....

If I could do some cleaning projects during the week, like the other brilliant chicks have said....but if not...keep your appt for the week after....you want to enjoy your visit...and I know having your house the way you want it before they come will help...I'm the same way! lol

hugs! and best of luck!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • EllaBella
    EllaBella Posts: 140
    Options
    I used to stress out about having a sparkling clean house when company came over, but now all I do is the basics--the entrance 'cause it is the first thing they see, the bathroom 'cause everyone uses the bathroom, and light dusting and vacuum. Just have everything in it's place. Think about how much you notice when you go to other people's houses. I don't notice things the dirt hiding in the way corners or the cobweb hanging from the light. Have fun!!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I used to stress out about having a sparkling clean house when company came over, but now all I do is the basics--the entrance 'cause it is the first thing they see, the bathroom 'cause everyone uses the bathroom, and light dusting and vacuum. Just have everything in it's place. Think about how much you notice when you go to other people's houses. I don't notice things the dirt hiding in the way corners or the cobweb hanging from the light. Have fun!!

Oh I don't get too crazy about cleaning, but the place needs it BAD. Hopefully we can get all the clutter picked up all week long so that all I have to do is the actual cleaning. But the bathroom needs it bad and the floors (which are bf's job) have visable dust and cat hair on them, yuck! I hate how in the morning/afternoon when I am at work I am so energetic about what I need to do, but when I get home I have no energy to do it.