Has anyone out there tried Alli?

Options
I am considering and would like some opinions.
Thanks,
Trina

Replies

• nana_trina
    Options
    I am considering and would like some opinions.
    Thanks,
    Trina
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I have it worked for me about a year ago - be very careful about your fat intake if you eat anything high in fat ............ummm you could have shall we say explosive side effects.
    :blushing:
    I had no problem I don't typically eat things high in fat - but my husband had some of the typical side effects.

Good luck
  • cnolovechild
    Options
    Haven't taken it myself but my friend does and like the comment above sometimes you have explosive results :laugh:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I thought about trying it, but decided to take the MFP route instead of being meticulous with eating exercise calories. I really don't have a lot of fat in my daily diet, and didn't want to deal with having to eventually stop taking Alli down the line. I figured it would be better to just find something that I could do my entire life instead.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I thought about trying it, but decided to take the MFP route instead of being meticulous with eating exercise calories. I really don't have a lot of fat in my daily diet, and didn't want to deal with having to eventually stop taking Alli down the line. I figured it would be better to just find something that I could do my entire life instead.
    I agree with this. I have done the "easy" route before and it just doesn't work for long term. I am not saying Alli won't work for some but for me I needed to learn a different way of living. I needed to teach myself about proper portions and about what foods would fuel me. I needed to get my butt off the couch and exercise. It's really a pretty simple combination of things when you think about it. I know it is harder for some but the slow and healthy way is the ONLY real way to go, in my opinion. This absolutely has to be a lifestyle change for it to be permanent.
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I am currently on it. Well, back on it as I tool a couple weeks off from diet and whatnot. I only had one truly nasty experience with Alli. As they say, watch your fat intake, but it's not as hard to eat within the guidelines as you may think. If you look at the Alli messages boards, you'll notice a lot of people say the same thing: it's not the concept that fat is being absorbed that most people cling to, it's the FEAR that straying from their diet will produce nasty results. It's basically anabuse for the dieter.
  • Galub1882
    Options
    Hello, I took Alli for about 2 months and I lost 5-10 pounds on it. I have to tell you that I was vigrously exercising for about 50 minutes a day for 6 days a week and in total I lost 20 pounds over a 3-4 month period. Everybody is right about the side effects though. If u take it 2-3 times daily everyday, u will for sure see the SE which include lot of gas (take gas-x) and anal leakage (very oily) to the point where it stained my underpants, I sometimes had to wear a pad... So i had to control the SE and I started taking alli as 2caps once per day while a skipping a day in between.

If u have a lot of fat in your diet, i really recommend taking alli, especially if ur like me... i eat a lot of junk food. it really helped me change my eating habits and at the same time it will helped me lose 50% more than i would with exercise alone.

i hope this helps... good luck

23123.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • nana_trina
    Options
    thanks for the replies, I appreciate the input.