Very irritated

Options
2»

Replies

• cbratthauer
    cbratthauer Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hey I am a florist in the Houston area...Pink&Chocolate Floral Design... www.pinkandchocolate.net and I was just thinking about advertising with the Knot.com ... I am curious as to which website you prefer to use out of the bridal websites? I don't blame you for being so irritated with those ill mannered ladies. They need to remember that their rudeness to you is extremely bad etiquette. Also that beauty is fleeting and if you are ugly on the inside no one cares what you look like on the outside!! Okay I would love any input on your favorite wedding site!

I like The Knot as a website in general, just will stay away from their message boards. It's really the only website I have used, that and TheWeddingChannel.com. Otherwise I just went to Google and googled everything I needed, or went to Bridal shows. I would definitely do Bridal Shows
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I think a cash bar is a perfectly fine. Just make sure you tell people in the invitations.

The people who want an open bar are people who like to get drunk at the expense of someone else.

A wedding is for the bride and groom to celebrate, and have family and friends enjoy this wonderful occasion and to help them start a life together.

Not to make sure their guests can get tanked.
  • dnnmccloud
    dnnmccloud Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's crazy! Well best wished to you on your day! AAAAAAAND remember it is YOUR WEDDING!!!
  • lclarius
    lclarius Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in september too and im not *****y...most of the time...unless im hungry...or tired... haha. anyway, i found the knot to be the same way. I would check out projectwedding.com. The women on there are super nice and supportive. Feel free to friend me and we chat/complain about wedding stuff :) Good luck with planning, i am sorry you had a such a bad experience.

Edit - remember at the end of the day its your wedding, you and your family will be the ones that will remember this day for years to come not some random faceless person on the internet. And frankly 10 years from now if someone remembers that you had a cash vs open bar at your wedding they seriously need a hobby.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I got married in December, and I used to go on the weddingwire forums a lot. The people on there frequently report that they find theknot mean and nasty and cliquey, as well as a few other sites.

Try weddingwire!

and congratulations :)
  • crjugrl
    crjugrl Posts: 172
    Options
    I loved The Knot. Mostly because I used the tools it provided and stayed away from commenting on the message boards. Far away. If I had a question about anything I would Google it and sometimes it would bring me to a message board on The Knot and sometimes it would take me elsewhere. Any question I had I was able to find the answer to without participating. They really are awful and I think most of it can be contributed to the fact that "it's the internet". Anyone can be a tough guy behind a keyboard. (The Bump is even worse!). But it's YOUR wedding and it'll be beautiful no matter what. My wedding was wonderful. I had a cash bar and no one said anything about it. Don't let the snobs bring you down. Congrats!
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    **** em.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Been married 26 years.
    Seen a lot of people get married and divorced.
    Seems the bigger the wedding the shorter the marriage.
    Too much focus on "I'm gonna be a bride!" and not enough thought of "I'm gonna be a wife"

I'm a big fan of marriage, weddings not so much.

Incidentally, we got married at the Justice of the Peace on a Friday afternoon after lunch hour from work.
    My first, her second.
    Her three kids - 1 divorced after 5 years, got married again for 1o years, now is going thru 2nd divorce.
    Next kid divorced when the kids hit college, approx 20 yrs.
    Third kid divorced after 7 years, then 2 years on her own, now married to a wonderful guy - I hope it sticks.
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    And that is why I stick to the boards here or the justmommies message boards. Only two forums I found where (most) people are NOT attacking everyone and every little thing.

A cash bar is a GREAT compromise for those who want alcohol at their wedding but cannot afford an open bar.

Those brides would have killed me! We had cheap wine, champagne and a few kegs at my wedding. LOL! Not one person complained and every one (but me) had a blast, but I was 5 months pregnant and feeling like crap all day and it rained. :laugh:
  • IngShar
    IngShar Posts: 1
    Options
    Are you planning to offer a drink to each guest for the toast?
  • cbratthauer
    cbratthauer Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Are you planning to offer a drink to each guest for the toast?

Yes we will have bottles of wine on the tables for the toasts, and we have kegs that are paid for, we just wanted to be able to offer something to those who didn't like beer or wine and chose to pay instead :) I guess to me it isn't about how much alcohol or food we served, but the fact that our friends and family get to celebrate the most special day of our lives with us! :)
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    So I am getting married in September, I have set up a website through TheKnot.com, and there are message boards on there just like here with different topics. Everytime I post something about a question or something else all I get are *****y negative feedback posts. Are all brides *****y? I try not to be but this is ridiculous. I mentioned on one that we are having a cash bar and you would have thought I was saying the world was ending! What's the big deal, I know I'm not the only one who has cash bar, and we're offering free kegs! Some lady even told me why have a nice wedding at all if I'm just going to throw etiquette out the window. Seriously? This site is so much more supportive, I feel like all I do is get attacked on that site! Like they know everything and are the all mighty brides and I'm just an idiot, sorry, this is my first wedding and I don't know the answers to it all!!!! Sorry just wanted to vent!!!

Oh my lord I hated using that site....TheKnot.com is notorious (at least around my area) for being a snotty hate fest. Some people don't understand that in different parts of the country, it's not a SIN to have a cash bar. Ugh...and during these times...many people can't afford to support one person's drinking habits at a wedding. Or dollar dances which are popular in some areas...oy....the only board I stayed on during my planning was the one specifically for my state or month. Other than that, I clicked "LOGOUT!" Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • turbogirl4christ
    Options
    Thats crazy for people to be so mean to you about YOUR wedding!!! Glad I didnt sign up for that site when I had my wedding! They would of freaked out at me...I had my wedding at the Michigan Renaissance Festival...My whole wedding was Medieval themed and even my guests dressed in medieval clothes...it was awesome and we had so much fun!
    I say who cares what they say! Do what you need to do! If they dont like that your having a cash bar then oh well...they can get over it!!! Just sayin...
  • heatherlh83
    heatherlh83 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    There's nothing worse than people freaking out over the way you want to do YOUR wedding. My husband and I got married privately and surprised everyone afterwards, expecting our friends and family to be excited for us and maybe laugh or tell us we're crazy but some of them got really pissed. We couldn't afford a wedding though and I honestly didn't want one. I couldn't care less about being the bride, I just wanted to be the wife. Either way it was pretty hurtful. We didn't intend to insult anyone, we were just doing things OUR way, which is what every couple should do-including using your perfectly acceptable idea of a cash bar. So if I were you I would just take solace in the fact that the snobby *****es on that site who were critiquing your plans are focusing more on their weddings than their marriages and are therefore much more likely to end up divorced than you are. So HA! :)