Back to School - gripe

Options
Soooooo...daughter went back to school today....:sad: :sad: but what really chaps my hide is community supplies! :angry:

Remember how fun it used to be to pick out our own pencils/folders etc..but now they can't keep their own stuff. Does each class really destroy 25 pairs of new scissors every year??? Ticks me off! :angry:

Okay....done now. :bigsmile:

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Soooooo...daughter went back to school today....:sad: :sad: but what really chaps my hide is community supplies! :angry:

Remember how fun it used to be to pick out our own pencils/folders etc..but now they can't keep their own stuff. Does each class really destroy 25 pairs of new scissors every year??? Ticks me off! :angry:

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

Wow, things definitely have changed. Hmmm, I better prepare myself for when my son heads off to school!

Sorry girl!!!! Relax, have a cocktail! It's Noon where I am!! :wink:
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    I know it really honks my horn too...:grumble:

Preparing for school should add some excitement to it...fun folders, pencils, etc. Lively patterns, designs, favorite movie cuties, and so on.

Life in general would be a lot more exciting if we weren't all under the stigma of plain, yellow # 2 pencils.

Live out loud, and in color!!! :tongue:
  • Shannon023
    Options

Wow, things definitely have changed. Hmmm, I better prepare myself for when my son heads off to school!

Sorry girl!!!! Relax, have a cocktail! It's Noon where I am!! :wink:

After vacation last week, I (eh-hem) had better stay away from alcohol & food for awhile. :embarassed:

Yeah, you'll be stocking the school, not your own kid. :grumble:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    I know it really honks my horn too...:grumble:

Preparing for school should add some excitement to it...fun folders, pencils, etc. Lively patterns, designs, favorite movie cuties, and so on.

Life in general would be a lot more exciting if we weren't all under the stigma of plain, yellow # 2 pencils.

Live out loud, and in color!!! :tongue:

And you can't get just generic wipes, they have to be Clorox wipes...can't get regular scissors, they have to be fiskars, etc.... The sky's the limit when it's not your money. :grumble:
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Our middle school are now asking for book covers!! Unbelievable. I bought 5, none of them fit the books. Oh well, I am not buying more, not gonna happen. They will money you to death. Book covers of all things!!!
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Our middle school are now asking for book covers!! Unbelievable. I bought 5, none of them fit the books. Oh well, I am not buying more, not gonna happen. They will money you to death. Book covers of all things!!!

My book covers were made with grocery sacks. :tongue:
  • EllaBella
    EllaBella Posts: 140
    Options
    I've never heard of community supplies--ours are still our own. The only thing they bring to share is a big box of kleenex. Wow--I don't like what is coming!:grumble:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    LOL....ah yes...lets see so far we've "donated"....a microwave, toys, books, supplies, cleaning supplies....the list goes on....but I don't mind too much right now....because I love his teachers and how they help him etc...and I know they do the best they are and have NEVER asked....but if it was mandatory I think I'd be what you'd call....P'd off!.....I also had paper bag book covers and an old cookie tin for all my broken crayons....:ohwell: ....maybe that's why I donate them now!:laugh:

hugs! and good luck gal.....can't wait for college woo hoo!:noway:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options

I feel your pain! My two girls will start school next week, and we went school shopping at WalMart with the "optional" (meaning mandatory unless you want evil eyes from the teachers for the rest of the year) supply list...cost over $300. We still had to buy clothes, shoes, etc. I'm frickin' BROKE!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    oh hunny wait til high school. My 14 year old step son has to provide his own supplies which is fine , but he also has to provide the school with an $80.00 registration fee EVERY YEAR and he cant begin school until it's paid :explode: So if we don't have the 80 bucks to pay until after school has already been in session for 2 weeks to bad for him he doesn't get to go.