Look bloated any suggestions?

Options
I look bloated all the time, I can wake up in the morning and have a flat stomach but as soon as I eat or drink anything I look really bloated like it add on a good few inches to my stomach! Could it be that I'm not drinking enough? Iv heard people say it could be high sodium, what should your sodium level be? I'm on 45% carbs 35% protein 20% fat diet. Any advice anyone?

Replies

• BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Good question I am always skinnier in the morning too.
  • Emma1903
    Emma1903 Posts: 195
    Options
    I know you will be bait skinnier because your body is empty but I get too bloated! And want to know if it could be something simple that I can change
  • Rworthy
    Rworthy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Eat more fiber. Less sodium.
  • LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Decrease sodium and carbs, increase water and protein
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    don't eat broccoli...
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Sodium should be less than 2500 mg per day, and if you eat this much sodium it is very important to make sure you are getting enough potassium as well.

Sodium and potassium work in conjuction in your body to control channels that allow compounds in and out of your cells. They need to be in balance for these channels to work properly.
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    drink atleast 32oz of water per day
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    H2O... lots of it. I hate it though, so I add the flavor packets in my water.
  • Emma1903
    Options
    Just looked t my sodium intake on average it's 1500 per day never goes over 2000 so that's under what you said so can it be that or am I ok on sodium?
    As I've said I'm on 45% carbs 35% protein 20% fat so I'm on the lower end of the carb range. And majority of my carbs are complex carbs or from dairy.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    lots and lots of water.

My sodium is always way over. But i seem to avoid bloating as long as I'm drinking a ton of water.
  • annstan12
    annstan12 Posts: 23
    Options
    I have the same problem sometimes. But I have IBS. However, I find that if I eat little meals throughout the day v. large meals, I don't get it as often. I also drink a TON of water and that seems to help.
  • Emma1903
    Options
    Thank you everyone I will try drinking more for the next week and see how it goes!
  • emaybe
    emaybe Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    what the heck is wrong with broccoli?
  • kquist16
    kquist16 Posts: 6
    Options
    Your problem is DEFINITELY that your diet consists of 45% carbs. I don't know of any diets that allow you to eat that many carbs - and carbs will inflate in your stomach and you drink anything...so I would advise you to change your diet - drastically cut down on those carbs. It's hard, cause most everything has carbs, but you can actually get just as full eating protein and it won't bloat your stomach. Try a diet that is 60% protein, 30% vegetables, and 10% carbs. Then your stomach will be flat in no time! :)
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    what the heck is wrong with broccoli?

The body doesnt digest it fast like the other veggies. It is considered a gassy food. It is in the same category as beans. I think thats if you eat it raw all the time though.
  • Emma1903
    Options
    10% carbs I would not be able to do that because of veg fruit dairy will all add up to more than 10%. Is 45% too high? From my research it's on the lower end of carb intake. I'm trying to loose max of 12lbs but the main thing is to make it a life style change not just a diet. I'm not eating bread either. If I want bread I have a pitta bread wholemeal.
    If my diet was only 10% carbs then I would only be allowed about 7grams a day with is about 150ml of skimmed milk and that would be my carb intake done. This is not a feasable option not that low.