Keep looking at your feet, taking one step at a time...you'l

Options
Today i ran 2 miles straighthrough, no stopping, no walking...and although i only averaged a 12 minute pace, i'm still really proud of myself. A month ago, it was hard for me to run 30 seconds at a time. Now, i pop on my ipod and hit the streets, feeling pretty good and running pretty fast, for a bigger gal. Sure, my older sister ran 3 miles today in the same time i ran 2, and she described it as easy, while mine was a little more of a challenge at the end...but you know, i think i'll get there someday. As i ran up the big hill in my neighborhood, i thought "just keep going, don't even look up at the top of the hill...just look at your feet and keep them taking a step at a time, you'll get there!!" And i think that's my new motto: "Keep looking at your feet, taking one step at a time...you'll get there!"

Replies

• Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome :) Good for you :flowerforyou:
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! Congrats. When I started out I could only do about 2 minutes straight without stopping..now I can go at least 12 minutes! Woohoo, it's such a great feeling, isn't it?! :):)
  • zetsubou
    zetsubou Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Even though I can't run, I always envied people who do so. Keep up the good work!!!=)
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Nice progress. I still max out at about a mile (last time I ran non-stop). It must be great to be where you are - keep going!

One day you'll be fit enough that you can look straight ahead and not be discouraged :)
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Did you use C25K, or just get going on your own?
  • e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    i used C25k, until the end of week 6...i accidentally ran for 30 minutes straight instead of 20 (30 straight is week 9), so then i just started running for distance...and more importantly, running to enjoy it!
  • krisney
    krisney Posts: 56
    Options
    Hi e1lindsay,

How tall are you? I think a 12-minute mile is really good, especially just starting out! I'm 5'4", I can do a couple of 10 minute miles, but its a challenge. Then I slow down. I think 11 and 12 minute miles are a nicely comfortable pace.

Let me know...thanks, Kristina
  • jlbearse
    jlbearse Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Run 30 seconds longer than you did the previous time every time and you'll be keeping up with your sis in no time.
  • e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    kristina- i'm 5'5", 199 pounds...and my legs are pretty short, so i have a pretty short stride...
  • leanne2376
    leanne2376 Posts: 217
    Options
    well done!
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Wonderful Job!!! I started out just like you now I can run for 5 miles about an hour straight! I average about 30 minutes but can go to an hour and I try to do that once a week if I want!! Just know that if I can do it you surely can!! GO GO GO!! So proud of you!! You will do it and just keep working at it. I am 5'7 and I run 12 minute mile and that is very comfortable to me I don't even care to get faster I just want to get longer :)
  • krisney
    krisney Posts: 56
    Options
    Well even better then...you're doing great!
  • brendaleentjes
    brendaleentjes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great post!! I am just starting to run during my walks and it feels great except that I can't sustain it very long.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!