Another newbie!

Options
youngmomtaz
youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
Hey, I am new here as of about a week ago. I am so far loving the tools and the boards look like a grat place for info and support. I started my weight loss journey at 190lbs, and on mfp at 177.5 lbs. I weighed in yesterdy at 173lbs. I feel great about that but have really been tempted today. It would be so easy to just ignore my charting today and binge. So I am here typing and reading instead. My goal weight is around 150lbs. That would put me at my pre-3-children weight and help me maintain the effort I have put in to heal a severe back injury. I also have parents with type 2 diabetes and my father had a heart attack a year ago at the age of 50 due to his then undiagnosed diabetes. I would really like to avoid that at all costs. I am already at risk for type 2 due to PCOS which is currently untreated because my doc views it as purley a fertility related disorder. Hopefulluy I can get the weight off and reduce the slight bit of insulin resistance I already have going on. I hope to stick around on this site until I hit my goals and hopefully by then the calorie counts will be easier to keep track of in my head. I do get annoyed at how much time I end up spending just tracking my meals and working to fit some foods in.