Replies

• kristidann
    kristidann Posts: 42
    Options
    Count me in! I'd love to lose 10! Starting weight is 247
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm definitely in! I just joined this site so some motivation from others would be really helpful! I weigh in tomorrow morning so will post that as soon as I do. Here's to a happy, healthy May!
  • zetsubou
    zetsubou Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hell Yeah! Count me in!!! Currently at 176~~~
    Lets try our best!!! =)
  • lettyloo
    lettyloo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    im completely new to this, but ill give it a go!
    im currently 159
    so ill aim for 149 by the first of june
    :)
  • bmw_bloch
    bmw_bloch Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm in too ! Let the challenge begin :-)
  • BroDave
    BroDave Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Ok my friends,

Today begins our journey!! The goal is to burn at least 500 calories each day and track all foods you eat.
    I like to walk, I am training for a 1/2 marathon on the 4th of June so this will really help me.

Just post your weight on your weigh day, track all your food (no matter what it is) and get a good burn in.
    That is what I did last month and I lost 15 pounds. So I will do it again.

Good luck to each of you and lets motivate each other to lose 10 pounds this month.
  • Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm in too, can't weigh in until 4th May, but I'll deffo be up for a 10 pound drop :) Let's get on it!
  • paddyjf
    paddyjf Posts: 1
    Options
    Pat's In to lose 10 pounds in May

Hi all! I've been lurking around this site for a few months. I started with the IPhone app. I'm starting today May 1. I'm psyched to use the 6 nicest months of the year (May-October) to get active, get in shape, and get i control. My goal is to lose 12 lbs. per month and exercise 6 times per week. I want to get active with regular exercise, walking, biking, golf, and generally get off my rear end and get active again.

I'll stay in touch! Good luck everyone.
  • mehapp
    mehapp Posts: 132
    Options
    My oldest son graduates in June, and I'd love to be able to look better!

:) See you there in our new outfits! LOL!

Won't it be great?!?!
  • jess2308
    jess2308 Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm in! My weight now is 141, 130 would be fantastic!!
  • bmw_bloch
    Options
    count me in... i can lose up to 8 lbs a month, but i just dont know how to lose 10. Any tips anyone??

I've been on a few diets in past years. Just eating less is tough. You need to find an activity you like to do and can do a few times a week. I try to do 45min 4x a week on an elliptical trainer watching TV at the same time. I also like swimming which also improves skin but burns less calories. I try to walk more, like taking a parking lot far away from the entrance of any building and taking a 5 min walk after business lunch ...
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I've already joined a 5lb challenge, but i said I was going for 5kg instead!

So here it is...10lbs in May. Let's GO!!!!

SW - 88kg / 194
    9/5 -
    16/5 -
    23/5 -
    30/5 -
    Final Weight 31/5 = 83kg / 184lb?!!!!
  • milehighcritic
    Options
    Just completed an April challenge. Count me in for May.

CW 185
  • jlisah
    jlisah Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Thanks for starting this challenge and good luck to everybody!
  • bmw_bloch
    Options
    Winter in Thailand? Count me in ... Whatever my weight will be ... :glasses:
  • bmw_bloch
    Options
    I'm in! My weight now is 141, 130 would be fantastic!!

If the profile picture is you today ... less would be less ... as in less attractive ...
  • candik
    candik Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it!!

I try to do turbo jam (60 mins) a day at least but I have realized my stamina has increased and I'm not sweating as much, I've already lost 20 lbs so hopefully i'm not getting ready to hit a plateau :( but maybe i need to put more in my workout now since i'm getting use to my original.
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    My starting weight: 328
  • Soopermomma
    Soopermomma Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to a monthly challenge.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    My metabolism is *not* cooperating, according to the scale I weigh .4 lbs heavier than yesterday. Not worried too much about it. I need to watch this like a hawk and weigh myself a LOT, that is what works for me. My eating was excellent yesterday and it is today. I am going to continue monitoring my weight all month and it really helps when I do that (it's not for everyone). Hello to the new people, I've been here since yesterday hehehe.