snacks for a trip

waverly9876
waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
My bf and I are going to Jamaica on an all inclusive trip. I will not be bringing my laptop and wont be tracking my food since it is my vacation. However, I wanted to pack some small snacks to put in the suitcase. Nothing to big,and nothing that will melt. Even tho we have a million restaurants to eat at, I may want to snack on something healthy and quick. Any ideas.
Thanks!

Replies

• lindainak
    lindainak Posts: 101
    Egads first thing I would do is find a Jamaican market. Buy quavas(I miss them), bananas, raw nuts, tomatoes, etc. What could be better than a local market!
  • kristarablue
    kristarablue Posts: 702 Member
    Almonds
    Balance Bars/luna/pure protein or some other form of protein bar...keeps the hunger away
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    trail mix (make sure you pack that in baggies for portion control, b/c they tend to be calorific, altho nutritious)
    Ostrim sticks - like slim jims, except much less fat /cal and not so greasy. made with ostrich meat. avail. on amazon
    protein bars
  • waverly9876
    Thanks. I was going to get some protein bars. I usually eat zone bars but what ones are good and low in calorie and sugar?
    As for going to a market, It will prob not happen since we are staying in Sandals.
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    beef jerky... it is terrible for sodium, but it has protein so it will keep you fuller longer.
  • waverly9876
    I dont eat meat, except for seafood but thanks.
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    I like the Pure Protein - Eat Good Look Great bars. They have less sugar than most, but of course, they have sugar alcohols to replace that. But that makes them lower carb, and lower calories. And best of all, they're tasty!
  • waverly9876
    I like the Pure Protein - Eat Good Look Great bars. They have less sugar than most, but of course, they have sugar alcohols to replace that. But that makes them lower carb, and lower calories. And best of all, they're tasty!

Where do you get those? and what flavor would be the best for traveling and being outside?
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Salmon jerky or smoked salmon would be great. South Beach Protein Fit bars are wonderful. If you want pre-packaged things, Planters Nutrition mixes are pre-packed one ounce packages. Sometimes (like this week) they are actually cheaper than buying the nuts and bagging them yourself. I agree with a visit to the market. Sugar-free gum is great, too.
  • Which resort are you staying at? My husband and I stayed at Royal Caribbean and it was amazing! Have a great time. Don't worry too much about the food, enjoy yourself!
This discussion has been closed.