Help on percentages carbs,protein,fat

Options
i do cardio 4 times a week ( raquet sport,swimming) and weights twice a week. My diet is currently 1200 cals a day I have 14lbs to loose. At the mo I'm on 45% carbs 35% protein and 20% fat. Is this a good ratio as iv been told I'm eating to many carbs on here at 45% so any ideas? At 35% protein I'm eating about 100grams a day, I weight 150lbs.

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Sounds perfectly reasonable. No matter what you do, someone's going to tell you that you're eating too much or too little of something. But your ratios are frankly a nice balance. There is plenty of room to swing in either direction, so if you're craving a bit more carbs or protein on any particular day, go ahead and adjust accordingly.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    personally I would switch your carbs & protein, but good job on balancing :)
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    i heard u have to eat more protein to loose weight.
    so i switched my protein goal to i think about 45%.
    but that lowered my fat goal to like 3%
    and its impossible to stay under 3% fat a day...
  • Emma1903
    Emma1903 Posts: 195
    Options
    Less than half my carbs come from pasta, bread, rice, potato, most of it is from dairy, fruit, veg. So I thought 45% was ok, but not sure whether to eat more protein than carbs.
  • LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My trainer and nutritionist have me on 50% protein 30% carb and 20% fat.. Do whatever works for your body and as long as your seeing results then thats all that matters.
  • jamiek89
    jamiek89 Posts: 105
    Options
    Sounds fine to me!
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm 60/30/10 - protein/carbs/fat

You need the fat for your organs. The lower carbs will force your body to look for fat stores as energy. :)
  • Emma1903
    Emma1903 Posts: 195
    Options
    Just changed it to 35/45/20 carbs, protein,fat. Will see how that goes
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is not rocket science. It really is about calories in/out and your physical condition. If you eat healthy there is no reason to monitor anything other then caloric intake and that is only initially to figure out proper meal size and snacks. Are you honestly going to spend the rest of your life counting, fats, proteins etc etc. NO. Eat fresh unprocessed meats, fruits and vegetables and limit everything else. I've lost 36lbs since the first of the year. I only get my exercise from work. I reduced my beer consumption to 1/3rd what i used to drink. I probably get 5% or less of my calories from junk, processed sources. We don't eat boxed goods other then cereals in our house. Once you learn basic calories of your foods you won't have to monitor anything and you will lose weight, Good Luck
  • AndyAt160lbs
    AndyAt160lbs Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have found a eating plan higher in fat and protein and lower in carbs is the best fit for me and helps me lose weight and feel great. Here are the numbers I use: 40% Protein, 40% Fat, and 20% carbs.