If anyone can help me understand...

Options
I would greatly appreciate it!

OK so I understand WHY we need to eat back our exercise calories, I'm just having a hard time knowing exactly HOW. Since I started here on mfp, I have been doing my best to eat as naturally and healthy as possible (i.e. whole grains, lots of veggies and fruit and minimal processed foods) the "problem" is that I am getting full quicker and staying full, so some days I still have an excess of 300 or more calories to eat back. How do you eat them back if it feels like way too much?

:frown: Semi-frustrated and anxious to lose!

Thanks all!
Diana

Replies

• Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain!

You have to plan for them throughout the day. You can try adding 50 calories to each meal and 25 to each snack.

You can also choose more calorie-dense foods. Full-fat cheese, nuts, nut butters, etc.

Adding a protein shake can help too, as it's often easier to drink calories than eat them when you're not very hungry.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options

This!
  • Atlantique
    Options

That wasn't the question though.
  • Ladydi1982
    Ladydi1982 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    @Newfiedan - Thanks, I remember reading your post now and it was helpful

@Atlantique - Thank you too, do you have any good recommendations for protein drinks?
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options

Great article thank you for posting it.

Mind if I add you as a friend on here?
  • Atlantique
    Options

@Atlantique - Thank you too, do you have any good recommendations for protein drinks?

I've only tried one so far: Pure Protein Vanilla Creme. Seems to be OK. I got vanilla because it's easy to blend with other flavors.
  • Ladydi1982
    Options

Great article thank you for posting it.

Mind if I add you as a friend on here?

Not sure if you meant me or Newfiedan... If you meant me, I would love it! :flowerforyou:
  • Ladydi1982
    Options

I've only tried one so far: Pure Protein Vanilla Creme. Seems to be OK. I got vanilla because it's easy to blend with other flavors.

Thanks, Where do you buy it? Specialty stores like GNC or can you find it anywhere?
  • Atlantique
    Options

Thanks, Where do you buy it? Specialty stores like GNC or can you find it anywhere?

I got it at Target, but my grocery store carries it as well. It's usually on sale at one or the other.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I don't and here's the reason. One of the reasons I gained weight is because I was overriding my body alarms. That is gorging myself. So when my body says full I listen. Further I don't want to stretch out my tummy so that it can hold more food. It was tough getting that rascal shrunk again.

Additionally I can never be sure if my calories are accurate so while I do dip into my exercise calories I leave a buffer.

This is also my experience. One week I burnt over 8,000 calories and stayed way under my allowance plus calories. I built a nutritional deficit. I could feel it. Then I never lost an ounce for the next 10 days. So it is a bit of a balancing act.

What would I do know from what I learned. I would snack. During a long exercise period I would take an orange or apple. If hiking maybe make some hudson bay bread.

So maybe to answer your question it would be to plan for healthy snacks throughout the day. You have that option in your settings. Sometimes the Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner option just isn't the way to go.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    If I've got an extra 200-300 cals. at the end of the night, I usually eat some nuts or peanut butter. Very calorie-dense and not super-filling.
  • Ladydi1982
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for all of your input! Great ideas!:flowerforyou: