cutting the crap

Options
I am having issues cutting the crap food out of my diet, I workout regularly and have a trainer but i cant seem to stick to his meal plan and not go for the comfort foods. any tips?

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I have just felt much better without the crap food, so I don't really go to it at all, simply because I feel good when I eat the good stuff.

On the off days where I do want some crappy food, I will buy a small serving, and eat only a small bit of it. I ate half of 1 orange slice (candy) one day and it was way too much.

Maybe try just drastically cutting back on the serving sizes?
  • cckeimig
    cckeimig Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could start by cutting portion sizes of the 'crap' foods and work from there. Kind of wean yourself off of them a bit, maybe? Over time it will become easier to control--at least it has for me, although I still have my days.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Aside from telling you just to not eat the comfort foods, you could try slowly introducing healthy alternatives to your meal plan and slowly start cutting out the comfort food. If you allow yourself to be open to the taste of fresh variety, you may find that all of the processed stuff seem to just start "tasting unhealthy" after a while.

Otherwise, if you're just not willing to do it, there's no one in the world that can force you to eat something you refuse to touch.
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    which crap foods are you having trouble avoiding? are there healthier alternatives you could go for? give us an idea, and lets see if we can help!
  • heathstrub
    Options
    my husband and I both live busy lives and we do take out a lot. also I am not much a cook. i can so steamed fish and grilled chicken, but those get boring. i eat a lot of healthy food. i do green juices in the morning eat lots of salad etc, its just we always come back to the take out in the evenings.
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    For me it's been a progression, change in attitude, finding alternatives sometimes, letting it get out of my system, sometimes avoiding risky things (having it in the house, so I have to go buy if I really want something).....not one thing helped. Overall, I had to learn to as least as patient with myself as I am with others and that in time, I can give myself room to make mistakes and get back up.
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    my husband and I both live busy lives and we do take out a lot. also I am not much a cook. i can so steamed fish and grilled chicken, but those get boring. i eat a lot of healthy food. i do green juices in the morning eat lots of salad etc, its just we always come back to the take out in the evenings.

i understand that, i get home late most nights and quite often don't feel like cooking. However, i've started to meal plan now which helps. Making sure you have stuff in the fridge for quick easy meals on returning home. Tbh, the amount of time it takes to order take out and wait for it to arrive-you probably could have cooked something.
    Like tonight i had fish with boiled potatoes and microwaved veggies -took 20 mins. Another quickie is soup. Even pasta can be really quick -less than 20mins.
    The other option is that is you are making something like pasta sauce-make double the amount and freeze the other portions.
    It just takes small changes :)