Flying time

Options
Have you ever had that terrible hour or half an hour right before a meal where you just crash and burn? You just can't handle the cravings and you give in. It seems like it's been happening to me a lot lately because I'm home doing nothing all day other than going to the gym of course. Anyone have suggestions on how to pass a hour. Anything. Entertaining movies, t.v shows, crafts, games, anything.

Replies

• cckeimig
    cckeimig Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    How about entering the message boards on mfp? I find it motivating...

I also love to read, write, and cross stitch, but don't have time for the latter two lately...
  • lunula76
    lunula76 Posts: 38
    Options
    I totally get those times. I have a few methods for dealing with it.
    - get the hell away from the kitchen - good time to go for a little walk down the street, talk to the neighbors, organize those bills you've been ignoring, dust the books off, call a friend, google something obscure etc.
    - Xylitol gum and lots of very cold water. I can often buy 3 or 4 hours off of cravings this way.
    - Something citrus - lemon water, a bit of grapefruit etc, often turns me off of eating anything more substantial.
    - brush your teeth, works for avoiding cigarettes too!
    - or plan to have a nice green salad as a preamble to your dinner. Who cares if it is an hour early? Just keep it under 100 calories (easy to do with a green salad)

DON"T think about your weight, what you should/shouldn't be eating or the things that trigger you to eat (if you can manage to avoid it)

Those help me most of the time. Good luck!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Have you ever had that terrible hour or half an hour right before a meal where you just crash and burn? You just can't handle the cravings and you give in. It seems like it's been happening to me a lot lately because I'm home doing nothing all day other than going to the gym of course. Anyone have suggestions on how to pass a hour. Anything. Entertaining movies, t.v shows, crafts, games, anything.

i always keep cut up celery and baby carrots in the fridge and i put them on the counter when i am making dinner so i munch on them instead of everything else. i also drink a big glass of water at the same time
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck home pretty much 24/7 for the past 18 months (I get out for about an hour once a week to go shopping and that's it) and World of Warcraft has pretty much been all that's kept me sane. I also read, write and cross stitch but they don't have the social side that WoW does. Teaching my dog tricks or taking him for a walk can pass some time too but of course that's dependent on you having a dog.