What are the best strength training and yoga DVDS/books?

Options
I just started running because I am siiiiiiiiiick of being overweight and unfit. I've been riding horses all of my life, however, and a lot of exercises hurt my right hip to the point of it just buckling when I put weight on it, as well as straining my back. Both of these are probably remedied by losing weight (it seems like it would help my lower back, at least), and when I run/walk both don't hurt until about the last 5 minutes (I run on dirt which helps my hip a lot).

Anyway, I've never really done any strength training, because I HATE it, but I like yoga. (not a fan of Pilates and exercise balls.)

I'd also like to try Zumba when I don't run, maybe...

So, my question is, which DVDS/books/websites would people recommend to help make my joints and stuff less painful when I exercise (I'm still a teenager, for goodness sake, and it's pitiful to feel like an old person when exercising)

I'd preferably like them to either be free or for sale at Barnes and Noble since I have a gift card there.

Thanks!

Replies

• crawdiddy01
    Options
    Everyone has theier favorites but I do all around conditioning! I dont wanna be the weird gym guy with massive arms and chicken legs! haha! Ive been doing Bob Harpers DVD set. The yoga is killer! Im about to start P90x or Insanity, probably Insanity becasue it requires no extra equipment! I love anything that doesnt rrequire extra stuff and uses your own body as resistance, which is funny since I work at a gym!
  • mattvandenhoven
    Options
    my wife and I do either the "Biggest Looser Workout disk 2" or we hit it old school and we do Tae Bo with Billy Blanks (horrible 80's spandex suits should not be worn by anyone).
    the Tae Bo is a vhs but I'm sure that you can find newer versions on DVD if you looked hard enough