Replies

• twinwolf
    twinwolf Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Deleted - double post
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Following a one size fits all Nutrition plan or fitness routine.....each 1 of us has their own way to lose weight and keep it off, maybe they dont know it yet but its out there..... bodys are science not math.... Think about it...
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    b12 shots and appetite suppressants yea you can eat cheetos and drink beer all you like and still lose weight.... works until you get to your goal, but if you don't learn what we are already doing here at MFP, portion control and better choices, you will gain it all back and then some. I have yet to see a single person I know (and there are several) spend all their money just to get to goal weight and then blow up bigger than before.
  • CrimsonWife
    Options
    I would agree with most of the statements of the OP, but this one jumped out at me as a truth hidden among the myths:
    -Not eating after X PM. Or not eating carbs after X PM.

Eating within a few hours of bedtime causes insulin to suppress the release of Human Growth Hormone and DHEA, two fat-burning hormones. Carbs especially raise insulin levels.
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I would agree with most of the statements of the OP, but this one jumped out at me as a truth hidden among the myths:

Eating within a few hours of bedtime causes insulin to suppress the release of Human Growth Hormone and DHEA, two fat-burning hormones. Carbs especially raise insulin levels.
    Very interesting. I would love to do more research on that....it sounds fascinating. I question if this will vary among individuals. I regularly eat before bedtime, and have yet to see it negatively influence my weight. But for the next person, it could be a key factor.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options

Very interesting. I would love to do more research on that....it sounds fascinating. I question if this will vary among individuals. I regularly eat before bedtime, and have yet to see it negatively influence my weight. But for the next person, it could be a key factor.

From the articles I've read, they say it depends on each individual. A person who has an insulin sensitivity should limit their carbs since their bodies have a bigger tendency to store those sugars as fat. Sometimes I think a lot of Nutrition, and fitness is speculation, and guessing. I see a lot of ideas that were taught as science years ago debunked as myth today.
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Dinfing someone who did it and asking....
    "How'd u do it?"